Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Listed

P Plater
    Thanks guys!
    Cocko Funny you should say that - I bolted the wrong pulley onto my motor and tried to hook it up - was mega out. So I actually took the one off the WB donor and used it. It works fine but def on an angle! I used the chrome spacers that came with said donor too so perhaps it was always wrong! Chrome probably means non genuine so I'll source some ridgey ones and have another go!

Steve your mod is the one I have heard of for the ignition. I am useless at wiring but my mate will work it out I'm sure - now I have this info from both you guys! So thanks again!

Other question I forgot to ask is will the WB Caprice front bolt onto the HX chassis without mods? I've never done this before and am hearing a small cut on nose of chassis is needed? But I've also heard bolting HX front onto WB chassis is the mod which requires the cut - I always seem to get conflicting stories when I ask my circle of car mates!
    I actually have the WB front on the van now come to think of it ( again just roughed on for transport to paint ) so is it a bumper problem? Or am I in the clear?
    I really am not 100% sold on the caprice front and know I'll go to thl front or even single ( idea is growing on me ) eventually. I only chose this front as I had it here, has genuine GTS guards and is clean as! My front was toast and haven't been able to find even a half decent one anywhere up here! I'm really not keen on cutting my chassis at all!
    Thanks again guys!

The other way to do the ingnition
    Is to cut the thin pink wire at the ignition switch on top of the column
    and then join it to the thin yellow which supply's the coil with 12v to start

Then at the coil you use the yellow for 12v and disconnect the pink 9v wire
    The yellow gives 12v while cranking & because the resistor is cut out(thin pink wire) you have 12v while running the engine.
    Regards
    Neil & Cherone

P Plater
    Hi all again.
    Thanks guys for all the ideas re my ignition. If I ever get my van back I shall attempt to implement the mod and see what improvement it makes. Cheers!

Van is still in paint - all part of our deal ( no time limit ) but can't wait to get it back and bolt it all back together. I not a patient person in any aspect of my life so this is a little trying!

Anyway, through selling a diff recently I came to purchase a HZ ute. It's factory 308 m21 2 seat Jazmine yellow 63c trim but it's a bloody N not an M. WHAT IS IT WITH ME AND N's?????
    Tags match chassis. It's a roller and body is toast but still a very cool car I reckon! It's got the stickers on it, GTS dash but I know it's not a Sandman. It's very late 79 too which I've not seen before.
    Anyone with knowledge of a reasonable ute body up Mackay way I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers guys.
    Go Hawks

rebody? eeeekkk
    BQZ

P Plater
    image.jpeg

Thought I should finally put a photo up.
    I have heaps more but only one on my iPad. Shall endeavour to get some more on soon.

P Plater

I like it!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Yeah very cool ride

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Yeah very cool ride
    Thanks Val, and Big Rob!

It's getting there!!!!! At last!!

Paint is ok, far from perfect! I only paid 5k basically to get it painted. Was done in a shed ( by a qualified painter but) so I knew what I was getting and for the $, I'm stoked! It had a pretty sound body rust wise when I bought it but needed one rear quarter and heaps of bog taken out of it and a good going over, on the whole though one of the best bodies I've seen!
    It's factory windowless but someone had cut windows in it AND a sunroof so all those holes were welded up. In all it's pretty neat but as I said, far from perfect but that's ok!

Van is factory Tuxedo, 18V trim, 1950kg, 2 seat, L31 M21, GTS Dash, console mounts, full headlining BUT it's an N on the build plate, not M - and I do not get why! Oh well, it is what it is as they say!

Because of this pesky N I have decided to take some liberties with it and individualise it a bit, away from the norm! The white Walls I'm about to paint red with red wall tyre paint, for example. Also have added stato emblem and door chrome (to break the black up a bit), it has old meets new braking system with chrome booster and big nut slave, it's getting red stitching in the seats (only interior mod I'm doing in cab and it's only very subtle), and on Saturday I installed power windows - nothing too major but just a few little differences. Van also has XA GT fuel filler (mounted suicide style) and lower bottom window in tailgate - which I love. I like little differences!

Drive line wise it's pretty stock. Is getting thermos, have added power steer, and I got given a set of off their boobys VN heads, so they will go on down the track. New demon carb is on the way and I want to get it regoed and driving before the new heads/inlet/extractors get bolted up - everything costs $$$$$ hey!

I'm really enjoying the process, not rushing, doing things right and once. Temptation certainly exists to cut corners but so far I have not succumbed. It will never be a show car nor win prizes but it's mega cool, unique, different and I love it which at the end of the day is all that matters, I think.

Don't post much but read heaps and have learnt so much on here, so thank you to everyone who's ideas I have stolen hehe...

Oh, front spoiler I found in a mates old van, passenger side was rooted so I just roughly attached the drivers side half. I love it, seems to pull the front down (it's on new super low springs and Monroe shocks) and looks tough as. So, I bought a new one and have had it painted. Now I have a problem - Saturday, through selling some parts, I got given a very tidy new front HX stato grille, complete with lower section as well. Lower part has all tabs in tact and in near perfect nic. So, not sure which way to go now............decisions decisions ����

whitewalls with chrome trims Gives good illusion of greater size to the 14's.

Very unique and great looking van dude!
    BQZ

Thread Information