Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to remove door seal/rubber without damage (for reuse)

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbark View Post
    The original door seals were made with a wire carrier frame. The technology was old and time consuming and the rubber often crumbled after many years. Bridgestone/ GMH changed to an extruded product with plastic clips over 25 years ago.A spray of Rare Spares RM6 may help bring your seal back to looking good. If you are worried about it looking good then purchasing a new seal is the second option.
    Do you mean RM5 (Rubber Magic Spray)?

P Plater
    Just thought I'd provide some feedback... I managed to remove the door seal without any real collateral damage.

From the previous info regarding plastic vs metal clips, it would appear that my rubber seals are original - now that it is off, I can see that the seals have a metal clip (made from fine spring steel wire) which clip into plastic looking gromits which are fitted into the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Geopaj View Post
    Just thought I'd provide some feedback... I managed to remove the door seal without any real collateral damage.

From the previous info regarding plastic vs metal clips, it would appear that my rubber seals are original - now that it is off, I can see that the seals have a metal clip (made from fine spring steel wire) which clip into plastic looking gromits which are fitted into the door.
    Yep that sounds original with the wire.

Cruiser
    Good job on getting it off, you can get replacement plastic sockets too from Rares or Kingswood Country if you need them.

Cheers

Thread Information