Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has NBN arrived at your place as yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I saw this on facebook last week. If you think about it, I reckon it was the plumber or the home handyman.

When installing the box the door is open to fix it to the wall... how could he close the door after fixing it? More likely the tap was installed last.

Yes, NBN arrived about 12mths ago. Telstra..... No problems. One bloke. Took around an hour or two and was up and running. A lot depends on the type of house i.e. Low set, multi-story, concrete or timber floor, VJ, stud frame or masonry walls etc. etc. I have seen the inside boxes (whatever they are called) located in some stupid positions in lounge rooms and kitchens and they look fugly. They do this because it's the easiest way for the installer and mainly because they don't give a ...k. I have a timber floor and had the bloke run the cables under the house and up into the broom cupboard in the laundry. You don't even know it's there. Don't let them put it over you is my advice.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by davegmh; 02-03-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

I see where you are coming from re ordinary locations for the box.

Is there much noise emitted from the box like humming or that many flashing lights? The installation guide says for this reason should not be placed in a bedroom, but I was thinking maybe the walk in wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysik View Post
    I see where you are coming from re ordinary locations for the box.

Is there much noise emitted from the box like humming or that many flashing lights? The installation guide says for this reason should not be placed in a bedroom, but I was thinking maybe the walk in wardrobe.
    No noise, some lights. WIR a good idea if you still get good signal throughout the house. Don't forget you'll need some power points in the wardrobe.

Also notice in my photo's I put the printer in the cupboard with the NBN. No extra cost to run cables to another room.
    Last edited by davegmh; 02-03-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

That original wireless was 'great'!
    We had to endure that before we got ADSL2. We often remembered how good dial-up was. Could not wait to see the back end of that wireless.

Frosty mentioned NBN wireless, I might have a look.

We have an NBN tower staring at us with a big red light on top, but its for south Parkes, who have never had ADSL, and only 186 people can join it, which I can't believe but anyway, we have what we have and its mostly fine.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Banned
    No bank in our local town now either. 101 years of service and it's been closed down. Nearest bank is now 100km away. Australia. The clever country.

Will probably be another year or so before we have NBN. The infrastructure has been provided at a new housing estate that has not long been finished nearby, so it's happening in our area.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

For the country folk who struggle with infrastructure roll out challenges, check out a project called Google Loon. Very interesting stuff

Thread Information