Thread: HZ Sandman Ute flamenco red

Cruiser
    very nice well done who made the torno please go the utes cheers rocky

Looks great, utes are the best.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Looks great, utes are the best.
    If you want to cart rubbish

be nice Gene we cart heaps more than a van as hugh pot plants upright fridges hills hoist out door setting with glass table for my niece moving house yea right /told her go hire a trailer

P Plater
    I continue to use the ute everyday running to work and am ironing out the wrinkles from its long sleep. Lost my brake booster driving the other day, which also mucked around with the idle, made it a bit tougher to limp it home as she is a T400 Auto. It gets better and better with every mile, and it really is responding with the use.

Nice to see a hz flamenco ute , see a few vans that colour but rarely a ute . i have one also to be restored , the one i have is a kingswood has all the sandman gear though , looking forward to the day can take it for a drive.

P Plater
    When I first started the ownership journey with my Sandman ute, after getting it back on the road, to be honest I wasn't sure if it would stay in my ownership. I knew it was a good one, but didn't use it much and it was worth more than I paid for it.
    I then started to drive the flamenco Sandman ute every day (leaving my later model SSV redline at home), and maybe not many people see flamenco or any coloured Sandman utes in general circulation, as every trip now comes with someone wanting to look at it or have a chat (maybe also because its a driver quality). Last week I had 3 people ask would I consider selling it. One chap following me until I pulled up at work to try to buy it, and was quite certain that he was going to own it. Everything has a price but I now don't consider wanting/needing to sell it, it's working for a living and I'm happy with it's style and pace.
    IMG_1678_small.jpg

Banned
    Let's be realistic. Most of us might get one shot at owning a good 70's car. The enjoyment is in driving them and having people show interest in them. If you sold it you would forever regret it I reckon. That's a great ute and there really are not many Sandman Utes left.

P Plater
    Sell the SSV Redline. Its only depreciating, whilst the Sandman is appreciating in value.

You are extremely fortunate to be able to use a Sandman Ute as a work vehicle, as the few that are left are generally kept for club run's or for show. I have not seen a "real" Sandman ute for years, they just don't seem to be around anymore, not around here anyway. Hang on to it, you can't just go and buy another one the same.

Cheers.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Thread Information