Thread: Hiclone - any info?

Sandman Driver

Hiclone - any info?

It seems to me that the Hiclone device has recently graduated to TV advertising, I'm wondering if there may be any members who have actually tried one out and tested it?

I first saw one at a motor show (I think it was Melbourne) many years ago and it was sitting on a single strommie (BXUV of some sort, Ford from memory - but it would have fit on to loads of cars at the time). At that time it was a very simple vortex creating type device that sat on the top of your single strommie. You could almost make one from a beer can, but I never bothered.

The claimed fuel economy increase was worth a thought for the then 25 bucks (I think) it was goin for, but I never bought one.

It seems a bit more expensive now, I wonder if it works.

https://www.hicloneqld.com/

Anyone know anything about it?

Its been around for many years, over 10 I think, so when the big car companies want to adopt it, then I may be interested to see more, and then only after I see some fuel saving stats and dyno sheets with before fitment and after fitment runs.

But that's just me.

I typed in Google: "Is Hiclone any good" there comes up a lot of pros and cons, theories etc and comments from people that have actually purchased it. Interesting to read.

Sandman Driver
    Yep interesting I reckon thats right on Maysik, I've been waiting for the same info for years now. Thats why I started the thread, to see if anyone had tried one out.

I can see the idea, wouldn't it be cool if it worked,.... but I have to agree, you'd think if it did we would all know about by now. Perhaps the price on the device currently that would limit user testing.

Also it is easier to consider how it might work on a single downdraft carby on an older engine. ie; L6 and I think thats sorta cool if it can work (yes I still have two L6's - 202 and 186) but I think it gets a bit more complex for the Hiclone after fuel injection! But I dunno, of course, thats why I started this thread, to see what others know.

My mate gave me some advise on these years ago
    dont waste your money full stop
    if you bought one straight to the wheelie bin where they belong

Used one. Who knows where it is now. Somewhere in my shed. Makes a great doorstop.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Thread Information