Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just another set of plates and a vehicle for discussion (HX)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    If money was no object then I'd buy a great van body (good luck) and rebody your chassis back to a van, then paint it the original colour and restore it. However..... you could possibly spend $50-$70k doing it.

You have a cool ute that has it's own identity now, so you have to ask yourself what YOU really want.

If you want a ute, stick with it.

If you want a van, maybe selling the ute and buying a good van is a good option.

Think about it for a while..... time is your friend in this case.
    Yes I agree, your first decision is do you want a ute or a van? If you got this ute cheap, you're ahead of a lot of people, but when you start throwing money at it, its no longer a cheap ute

I am quite surprised there are not more of these cut down vans into utes about, if it is fact the case. So many had this done to them in the 80's as vans were a thing of the past and everyone wanted a ute. We nearly did it to our Sandman van as we couldn't sell it, and Rodney needed a work ute. I sort of wish we had done as the back would be out at the farm, and probably the ute would be kicking about somewhere still. Anyway that being said your ute/van will be nice to do up and use, or re-body with a van which ever you choose. But as Bigrob said it will cost up to $70 to do a full resto, unless you can panel beat, and do all the work yourself.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information