Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on WB/H model panel mix

Quote Originally Posted by juzanobody View Post
    Thinking about an old bosses wb service van waiting for me, always garaged, no rust & pick up a statesman for parts as the standard wb front doesn't do much for me.
    Appreciate the help
    I did that for my van and its coming along well. I recommend grabbing a late model series 2 Caprice as apart from the best looking WB statesman front end, it will contain some really cool treats that might be useful in your build. Think full electrics with strange and forgotten options, cruise control, electronic trip computer, electric wing mirrors, impact intrusion bars and speaker pods in the doors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Sell it to me!
    It's only a single headlight front. Your's is a WB already isn't it, so you've got the guards and apron?

Damien, we're on the same page cobber, I love treats!! you got photos of the difference or year I should look for. Also stop being a gigantic tease & post a progress shot or 6 I could use the inspiration after my recent failed buying trip

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    It's only a single headlight front. Your's is a WB already isn't it, so you've got the guards and apron?
    Yep. I can live with a single headlight front. And I've got a grille and a bumper too. Headlight surrounds can't be hard to find.....
    Last edited by Big Rob; 02-02-2016 at 01:38 AM.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I'll check it all out next time I go out. I think I have the HJ rad support with the WB radiator mounts but can't be sure of that. Should have some headlight surrounds there somewhere.
    Drop us a line next time you're coming up to Canberra.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    I'll check it all out next time I go out. I think I have the HJ rad support with the WB radiator mounts but can't be sure of that. Should have some headlight surrounds there somewhere.
    Drop us a line next time you're coming up to Canberra.
    Will do. Thanks.

We are going to Canberra next Wednesday to take some friends to pick up their new HJ Belmont van, arriving on a truck from Perth. It will be a lightning visit though.... I don't know where the van will be yet, and we have to go to Rivett to see Donnas mum.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information