Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exhaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Leadfoot

What exhaust

Hi guys, after some advise on what exhaust to run, it is 253 4 speed, I want dual exhaust but not sure on size, muffler type and anything else I need to know, I watched the video of the yellow one of Rod and Jennies on here and would love it to sound like theres, I did pm but I think they have been away, thought someone may be able to guide me in the right direction, cheers Mark

I used tri-y extractors into 2" pipes, into a single muffler (2 pipes in, 2 pipes out) & 2" or 2 1/4 tail pipes on a few holden utes & vans. Not for performance, just simple & a nice note.

cheers
    Max

Yeah dont go bigger than 2.1/4 and you should be fine

Rod and Jennies sounded pretty good when they left here the other day!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Leadfoot
    Yeh there yellow one sounds pretty damn good on youtube, hoping they may tell me exactly what theres is. lol Thanks for the help guys

I've just upgraded my exhaust. Have pacemakers, going into 2' joining into a 2.5" single going through a exhaust and then a resonator. Really happy with the note, loud when you stomp on it and shuts up when you're idling down the freeway.
    This is on a 308 / Auto so a little different.

i'd agree. no bigger than a 2 1/4. i had a 253 wagon with pacemakers and twin 2 1/4 the entire way (no collection point - but may of had a balance pipe??) with single mufflers, sounded unreal.
    BQZ

After hearing how good Rod and jennies yellow van is, I'm going to tweak the mufflers on mine now.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Leadfoot
    Any chance of asking Rod and Jennie to contact me or maybe some pics of what theres is? cheers

It's a rockin'
    We bought our exhaust from eBay oldskoolmufflers I think they are called, they use red back mufflers and has a great sound on our HQ,they are in VIC and will freight,we don't have extractors just std manifolds

Thread Information