Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a Sandman?

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    am i missing something?
    why can't it be a holden ute with 308 4 speed, buckets and passenger car tyres?
    Tag say M70 which is panelvan, a ute would be 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    I had previously thought the same thing when debating another HZ van, but Jason (Stick this) had researched and came to the conclusion that 2000kg is unique to sandman, with a XU4 still having 1950
    i'd be interested to get HK's view on this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Tag say M70 which is panelvan, a ute would be 80.
    sorry my error. i was referring to the 'sandman' status rather than the body type
    BQZ

Vombil ,have a quick look at the HZ identification at the front of the forum and its 2000kg for HZ panelvans, unless this is incorrect.

2000gvm just means passenger tyres afaik, i've seen HZ vans at 2200 gvm so xu4?

my understanding is that unless the ute or van is HX with 18V trim (unique to sandman in the HX series) or any series HQ-HZ with XX7 or XU4 stamped ( bris built) - then it's always up to confirmation of body identifiers.

someone please let me know if i've got this wrong
    BQZ

Where,s Byron when ya need him god dam it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    2000gvm just means passenger tyres afaik, i've seen HZ vans at 2200 gvm so xu4?

my understanding is that unless the ute or van is HX with 18V trim (unique to sandman in the HX series) or any series HQ-HZ with XX7 or XU4 stamped ( bris built) - then it's always up to confirmation of body identifiers.

someone please let me know if i've got this wrong
    i have seen lots confirmed on here by Byron from tag info that were not built in Brisbane. I don't believe that's correct.

As I said earlier Jason said 2000kg on a HZ (not including early ones ie 1977) is a definite sandman identifier from the tags. I had this discussion with him on here and he confirmed the info came from Byron.

I'd love to know the reason behind sandman being upped to 2000, yet other panelvans with passenger tyres staying at 1950. I wonder if the extra 50kg was to account for the quad light front and spoiler? I have no idea on HZ GTS sedans, but did they have a change in weight at the same time to their normal sedan counterparts?

ok sweet, thanks for that Sandaro. Will ask byron when i next email him for the science behind it!
    BQZ

Sorry in the delay. But yes ALL XX7 sandman's were 2000kg in the later models. Cant remember the date change. Mid 78 I believe. I did a post on here a while back with a approx. date. The XX7 sandmans before the introduction of the 2000kg were all 1950kg.
    XU4 was 1950kg. right through the HZ build.
    XU3 was ALWAY 2200kg in HZ Sandmans. But also was used for ALL other HZ vans and utes that were not XX7 or XU4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    As I said earlier Jason said 2000kg on a HZ (not including early ones ie 1977) is a definite sandman identifier from the tags. I had this discussion with him on here and he confirmed the info came from Byron.

I'd love to know the reason behind sandman being upped to 2000, yet other panelvans with passenger tyres staying at 1950. I wonder if the extra 50kg was to account for the quad light front and spoiler? I have no idea on HZ GTS sedans, but did they have a change in weight at the same time to their normal sedan counterparts?
    No doubt it was to do with the extra weight of a few things. Front, Spoiler, stickers? Maybe the gts wheels are heavier than standard wheels?
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Beginning of 78 for the 2000kg change. Mine is 1/78 and 2000kg and another member had a 12/77 that was 1950.

Thread Information