Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new ride

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    I am getting a Ford Everest for my Xmas gift as the jeep blew a head gasket and that's the last straw with it so its goorrrn. I am disappointed since it has 54k and four years old, the Next Problrm will be the motor so can't trust it.
    Not wanting to put a dampener on a new car purchase, but there are storys going around of new Ford Everests and Rangers going up in flames. A motoring journalist had a Everest catch fire near Newcastle last week during a test drive. Also several reports of unexplained fires in new Rangers with same engine. Sorry for that, but just letting you know.

cheers
    Max

2 things ive learnt in this world never ever buy a Jeep (Chrysler) or Fords both POS
    they are mechanics bread and butter
    And yes it did catch on fire last week during a test drive says it all really

- - - Updated - - -

Just being honest

I wasn't going to comment but I must be getting cranky in my old age. The Ford Ranger / Mazda BT 50 twins are probably the best products on the market in this segment. The vast majority of motoring writers agree. The Ford always puts its nose ahead of the BT50 because of the work of local Ford engineers did on the styling interior materials fit and finish and the local calibration. A job well done and they should be recognised for it. The Everest is an extension of the Ranger with a more car like coil sprung rear that drops the towing capacity to 3 tonne. Linking one event and suggesting this is somehow proof how poor these cars are ... really? Turns out the electrical fire was caused by someone fitting an aftermarket battery kit or something similar. Details published in Go Auto today. Rob and Jennie, I'm pissed you didn't buy a Colarado 7 but you won't look back when you pick up your Everest. (Yes I've got mates that work at Ford!!!)

Blocker - you gunna Love It!!!! Even the US motoring writers who overwhelming report good things about the Chev SS love it. And boy do they protect the locals!!!!!

You know the Korean government has used the VW fiasco to deliberately sabotage sales of VW in Korea and are now trying to link this to other European marks. I wouldn't expect Aussies to show the same amount of blind loyalty, but at least give other Aussies an even chance and recognize good work for what it is.

Now let the sky fall in.

Quote Originally Posted by sandasharpe View Post
    I wasn't going to comment but I must be getting cranky in my old age. The Ford Ranger / Mazda BT 50 twins are probably the best products on the market in this segment. The vast majority of motoring writers agree. The Ford always puts its nose ahead of the BT50 because of the work of local Ford engineers did on the styling interior materials fit and finish and the local calibration. A job well done and they should be recognised for it. The Everest is an extension of the Ranger with a more car like coil sprung rear that drops the towing capacity to 3 tonne. Linking one event and suggesting this is somehow proof how poor these cars are ... really? Turns out the electrical fire was caused by someone fitting an aftermarket battery kit or something similar. Details published in Go Auto today. Rob and Jennie, I'm pissed you didn't buy a Colarado 7 but you won't look back when you pick up your Everest. (Yes I've got mates that work at Ford!!!)

Blocker - you gunna Love It!!!! Even the US motoring writers who overwhelming report good things about the Chev SS love it. And boy do they protect the locals!!!!!

You know the Korean government has used the VW fiasco to deliberately sabotage sales of VW in Korea and are now trying to link this to other European marks. I wouldn't expect Aussies to show the same amount of blind loyalty, but at least give other Aussies an even chance and recognize good work for what it is.

Now let the sky fall in.
    I wouldn't trust what all motoring writers write about just like the 4WD writers some get it really wrong big time
    but your right the Ranger is very popular atm dont know about the best products though

On top of that i wont ever touch another Mazda product again bought the wife one brand new in 09 BT50 4X4
    55000 km and the transfer motor has gone it has never left the bitumen let alone seen a grain of sand
    $1700 just for the transfer motor to say im pissed off is an understatement
    if you dont know what car to buy just buy a Toyota

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    On top of that i wont ever touch another Mazda product again bought the wife one brand new in 09 BT50 4X4
    55000 km and the transfer motor has gone it has never left the bitumen let alone seen a grain of sand
    $1700 just for the transfer motor to say im pissed off is an understatement
    if you dont know what car to buy just buy a Toyota
    What's a transfer motor?
    I agree that Toyota commercials are reliable. Better resale value than any other brand as well.

Buy a VW, I've heard they have lots of power for very little emissions

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    What's a transfer motor?
    I agree that Toyota commercials are reliable. Better resale value than any other brand as well.
    Transfer motor changes it to 4X4
    Your right better resale value

transfer box?

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    transfer box?
    transfer motor sounds better
    BQZ

Thread Information