Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HJ ute ID

Learner Driver
    Dropped the chassis off at the sandblaster today. Plan is to do the diff conversion and replace all bushes and bolts etc first before putting the body back on. Also would like to fit the full drive train without the body on but it's a while away yet.

The wiring loom hole on the firewall is square, and the HZ one is round.

I think I'll start a build thread even though it's not a sandman
    Last edited by HJ-ute; 05-11-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Can't see why you couldn't start a thread in 'Sandman Replicas' , I did

Quote Originally Posted by HJ-ute View Post
    Dropped the chassis off at the sandblaster today. Plan is to do the diff conversion and replace all bushes and bolts etc first before putting the body back on. Also would like to fit the full drive train without the body on but it's a while away yet.

Definitely the wiring loom hole on the firewall is square, and the HZ one is round.

I think I'll start a build thread even though it's not a sandman
    You said earlier that it had a full rebuild a few years ago, they may have replaced the quarters at that time and this would give the appearance of a WB shell as the only ute/van quarters that have been available for quite a while now have been the WB type. The earlier quarters had just about disappeared by the early to mid eighties.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Learner Driver
    Yeah good point, I didn't think of that. The left one has been replaced at some point, will have to have a closer look. There's also no evidence of Persian sand paint on the shell, but the rear wall inside the cab is an off white colour which I assumed the 'WB' was. Maybe the body is H series after all. The holes for the washer jets are definitely factory though, they aren't drilled they have the step for the clip. Once I work out how to post pictures it'll be a little clearer.

Learner Driver
    Is it possible to post pictures from an IPhone? Sorry I'm just trying to now and I can't work it out

Learner Driver
    Got the chassis back last week and bought the KBS chassis kit and tank sealer. Hope to get both treated soon.

Thread Information