Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earliest Sandman?

Yep, hq sandman utes are belmont and kingswood based. Yes guards were standard

Learner Driver
    So u couldn't order them with out gst guards?

Back then, you probably couldve...but having them was standard issue.

Some of the information being offered is confusing to newbies.

1. XX7 was stamp only on (1) plate (not all the plates) passenger side cowl and only Brisbane builds.
    2. Fluted/GTS guards were standard fitment on all HQ Sandmans (not standard guards).

Learner Driver
    Ha I know there not on all the plates it was on the paper and not on the plate! Sorry!! It's the more I read up on hq guards the more it confuses me! As mine does not have them! And I've chased a long way back and none of the last owners changed them? So thanks 4 your help��

Tell us more about yours Trav&Mase, maybe start a thread in the HQ section with photos and details. Always cool to see new hq sandmans, not many around. I wonder why it didn't have GTS guards, not being smart, but how do you know its an original sandman? Is it a brissie one with XX7 on the plates for example?

Learner Driver
    Ben at Holden historical services helped me find that bit out! And help from Ivan! It was built in Adelaide its sunburst metallic! 30b trim it was a 253 4 speed now has a 308! But no gts guards!

Wow, cool van. It should have GTS guards though, somewhere in the last 43 years someone has changed it. If it was mine I would put them on now, they look cool and distinguish it as a sandman. That's just my opinion.

Learner Driver
    Yer thanks!! I've had it in the shed 4 years and didn't know what it was!! So I'm just trying to work the sandman stuff out now! And no good at this typing stuff...I'm all in 4 gts guards! Its when u see the sticker marks on that ute with no gts guards and other people tell u stuff just made me think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav& mase View Post
    Yer thanks!! I've had it in the shed 4 years and didn't know what it was!! So I'm just trying to work the sandman stuff out now! And no good at this typing stuff...I'm all in 4 gts guards! Its when u see the sticker marks on that ute with no gts guards and other people tell u stuff just made me think?
    I am fairly sure HQ and HJ came with the stickers rolled up in the glove box. Someone could have changed the guards for some reason sand put the stickers on later. Hard to know now though.

Thread Information