Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Earliest Sandman?

i just got off my ass and saw that it cant be the 1st haha
    amazing what you can find when you actually look at the info page on this site haha
    his van was 1st registered 3/4/74 and apparently they were made from January onwards haha oh well its a good yarn for him to spin ;)
    EVEN THE YOUNG GIRLS LOVE SANDMANS!

Learner Driver
    Can those people out there that count the numbers tell us.......... what is the earliest known plated date of an existing HQ Sandman??

and to 78 sin bin....Does your dad's mates van still exist????

l know of a 1/74 hq belmont xx7 ute that was completed on 19 Jan 74 according to Holden Historical Services. Anyone know of any earlier than this?

Learner Driver
    My van was built 2 week of march 74! Be good to find out the first one and the last! It's all very interesting!

s-l16001.jpgThere was a Ute in Melbourne on ebay recently that was complete on 18 January 1974
    Last edited by Sandaro; 08-02-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Learner Driver
    I seen that one on eBay it had xx7 on the paper work but it was not on the plates??

Learner Driver
    And did Melbourne build Sandman's have xx7? Production report has xx7 on it??

Learner Driver
    Stamped/pressed XX7 is only Acadia Ridge (Brisbane built) but is a factory option code used for the Sandman at factory level in all other factories (including Brisbane) but not stamped or pressed in to the plates at those other Sandman producing plants. Correct me if i am wrong? Wrong thread 4 Sandman ID, apologies.
    Last edited by Qutes; 14-02-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Yeah you're right Qutes, only Brissie built sandmans will actually have the XX7 stamped on the plates, other plants built sandmans but didn't put anything on the plates. And you're also right that the ute above didn't have GTS guards, but I assume someone's taken them off at some point.

Learner Driver
    Yer right learn more every day! So hq sandman Utes are Belmonts as well? Did all hq Sandman's have gts guards?

Thread Information