Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Parts magazine-old issue needed.

Just Parts magazine-old issue needed.

Hi everyone.

I am after a 'Just Parts' magazine from a few years ago. (2-3 years old would be good).

Weird request-yes I know.

Here is why.

The latest issues are pretty flimsy and have little imported car parts specific to my needs in it now. I used to have a stack but through them out in a clean up.

I know the older issues had adds for places down in S.A and Vic that supply stuff for older American vehicles.

Just hit a hurdle with my insurance company who claim to be for the "car enthusiast" who in turn use a prominent Australian glass company. Both could not care less as my problem is too hard to deal with.

Long story short, I find the glass or nothing will get done.

[I]Does anyone know someone that deals in older American cars that gets in glass for these vehicles?[/I]

Thanks
    Maysik.

What sort of American car

A mate got new glass for his charger from Ralph Moore Glass in Sydney, pretty sure they do lots of old cars.

IMG_1119.JPG

1959 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight

Thanks Sandaro,
    Got onto their website, I'll contact tomorrow.

Love the Ninety eight, don't think I've ever seen a 59 model before, wouldn't be too many around I suppose.

ive dealt with Ralph with a couple off rare screens in the past he comes thru but only with mega phone calls and huge stress for the customers and myself if anyone else is available try there first he.s got good intentions but maybe overley busy

Might sound silly but have you tried contacting a company in America? I hear old American cars are pretty popular over there.

Not silly at all,

That is what I did first off as I already know the stuff is hard to get in Australia. (I get a lot of gear from the states for my car and truck so I am all over it).

Problem is the insurance company.

They do not have an account with anyone over seas and do not want to bother themselves looking outside the box and picking up a phone and doing a 'one off' for their customer. Too hard.

They want me to purchase and get it in, not happening, it gets broken in transit I have to sort it out with supplier and you know how that's going to end. Insurance company will not pay for replacement

glass if broken and where postage is $200 U.S they will not pay that either.

BURD would help you out but he's banned. Crikey, 4 times.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Thread Information