Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HX Sandman Van for Sale

Nice Van, good luck with the sale. Alway's hard to sell something you really don't want to sell. Will sell quickly though.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    You would have an Attic with a roof line like that wouldn't you ? 30k for your van is about right I think, good luck with it.
    If your interested I could start a thread about building the house. Doing the stumps was backbreaking, I now know why slabs are popular. The roofline is so high because Harkaway do these really tall exterior walls so that they fit with the period. Th internal walls can be normal height 2.4 - 2.7. We chose 3.0 cause any taller gets hard to clean and heat. They can go 3.6 which is what they would have been in this period. These guys are so good at the details, when people see the completed homes they automatically assume they are restorations.

Quote Originally Posted by sandasharpe View Post
    If your interested I could start a thread about building the house.
    I'm interested if you have the time to do a thread. I love seeing building projects.

Me to looks like they got the right idea how to build houses unlike the brain dead brain washed numskulls we got over here with no vision

I had a look a the Harkaway website and those styles are awesome. If the builder did the whole house from go to woe it would cost a pretty penny. No wonder the poor old van is up for sale.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

And back to the van.....

Yeah, it's very nice. I like the GTS guards, Holden should never have dropped them in my opinion. I also like the colour, while not original it does suit the van.

Good luck with the sale, you should have no trouble.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

A good restoration will always cost 30K or more, and you may get that for your van. My opinion Blocker is that other than a couple of plates on the scuttle panel there is not much original sandman left on this one. As a panel van its very nice but if you wanted a sandman that would appreciate over time then this isn't it. As stated its what someone is willing to pay. What is a matching numbers van fetching these days?
    Last edited by jason.ruff; 06-09-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Banned
    None of the things changed stop it being a Sandman. I reckon at a guess more than 50% of restored Sandmans would have very little of their original drive line.
    This one has really been improved over its standard drive line anyway.
    It's a V8 van in good order. It's a Sandman. It should be worth what the market dictates at the moment.

Okay guys, it looks like its sold. Young guy came out to look at it, drove it and bought it. Getting the roadworthy for him now. First to see did buy. another bonus was He came out in a current comaro - supercharged. Don't now what this young guy does for a living but I'm definitely doing something wrong. Awesome car.

Learner Driver
    Congrats on the sale Stuart.
    I'm disappointed to miss out on your van, but as the old saying goes, plenty more fish in the sea.
    Cheers Greg

Thread Information