Thread: Reverse light wiring, B&M shifter.

Learner Driver

Reverse light wiring, B&M shifter.

G'day brains trust,
    I have recently acquired a 77 HZ panno (not Sandman) and I'm working through some finishing touches the old owner had put into the "too hard basket".

Most I will be able to work out in time but I'm having trouble hooking up the reverse lights.

Someone has fit a B&M pro ratchet shifter…. which I don't normally go for but this one has won me over (considering its already there).
    They have managed to hook up the safety switch but have left the two terminals empty where the reverse wires hook up.

Watching a you tube video on a chevy nova installation (kind of similar) I have managed to find the two pink and one light green wires going to the terminal block on top of the steering column (car was originally 3 on the tree).
    Ive tried a couple of different ways to connect the shifter to these wires but the only result I get is the dash lights going out.

If you know exactly how to do this or know anyone who has fit one of these into a similar model, your assistance would be much appreciated.

Thankyou, Mick.

Im no expert, but from memory working on HQ-HZs, the pink wires are ignition feed (power when ignition turned on or accessories. So, don't think they will be anything to do with reverse. Im sure it was a light green & a dark green wire that operated reverse lights, so maybe you need to go searching for another wire.
    Hope this helps.

cheers
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Im no expert, but from memory working on HQ-HZs, the pink wires are ignition feed (power when ignition turned on or accessories. So, don't think they will be anything to do with reverse. Im sure it was a light green & a dark green wire that operated reverse lights, so maybe you need to go searching for another wire.
    Hope this helps.

cheers
    Max
    My Sandman is definitely light green/dark green for the reverse switch but a quick look in the Gregory's manual shows all the reverse switches as having pink/pink/light green coming out of the switch.

Have you checked the fuse? First combination you tried may have been wrong and blown it.

Thread Information