Thread: Volkswagon and Kombi Garage Find

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    40 series are cool.
    Yes they are.

I've got a couple of Shorty projects stashed at the farm and every time I see an FJ45 on the road I think about trying to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Yes they are.

I've got a couple of Shorty projects stashed at the farm and every time I see an FJ45 on the road I think about trying to find one.
    I've got a '73 tray back that I did a bare chassis rebuild on 20 years ago, but it's in need of a second time around. About to pick up an '82 diesel in used but good original condition for a couple of grand to keep original as a survivor and drive. Been collecting parts and panels for when the '73's rerun comes. Doesn't need much to be honest, so should have a good collection to choose from.

Love the Kombis too, but probably stick to what my very basic skills are capable of.
    Last edited by Paddy_77HZ_Ute; 27-08-2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

My Eldest brother was a combi nut. Used to build up engines in his bedroom. Mum just shut the door. They are pretty simple to restore now. Lots of repo parts. That split window tranporter and the split window van will go for serious money. Maybe double the 15,000?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_77HZ_Ute View Post
    I've got a '73 tray back that I did a bare chassis rebuild on 20 years ago, but it's in need of a second time around. About to pick up an '82 diesel in used but good original condition for a couple of grand to keep original as a survivor and drive. Been collecting parts and panels for when the '73's rerun comes. Doesn't need much to be honest, so should have a good collection to choose from.

Love the Kombis too, but probably stick to what my very basic skills are capable of.
    I was going to buy a late build one with disc brakes and the tacho in it. Planed to put a chev or 308 in it. So 83 or so one tonner. Asked my brother to check one out and he bought it himself lol. I would still like one. Tough old girls. Love the steel dash and bolt on roof etc.

Thread Information