Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quaddie Air Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Just flip the lid upside down on the standard one.
    All good but trying to get hold of more cooler air to keep detonation at bay. We've kinda 'up'd the anti' a bit on the compression ratio and cam profile etc and while the tune is quite safe I was to make sure when summer gets here it stays that way.

I hear what you're suggesting though, I used to run the lid like that previously.
    Last edited by Taily; 19-07-2015 at 08:09 PM.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Banned
    Probably need to look at octane rather than air temp for detonation. But cool air will let you get more fuel in for more power. Probably need to just plumb a pipe to the grill for a simple system. Not sure how you go with air pressure there though. I know that the reverse scoop is the best way to get cool air in.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Probably need to look at octane rather than air temp for detonation. But cool air will let you get more fuel in for more power. Probably need to just plumb a pipe to the grill for a simple system. Not sure how you go with air pressure there though. I know that the reverse scoop is the best way to get cool air in.
    I understand where you're coming from James and what I'm trying to do is get away from cutting any part of he original vehicle (bonnet, firewall etc) or modding the original aircleaner as (with the rest of the ute) I want to be able to return it to absolute original looking easily. That said the original in/exh manifolds are no longer fitted but could be in a pinch - though they'd probably knock 100+hp off the current power output if they were to be fitted again as the (much!) bigger displacement would have a hard time dealing with the restrictions.

Thought about a cowl induction (would work the best hands down) but that would involve cutting the firewall. Reckon the idea of a Camaro twin snorkel is going to work more the way I want. Appreciate the input though!

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Question will a original 4 barrel GMH air cleaner fit on a say Holley or Quick fuel carby ???

Doubt it without a couple of mods Gene. The std 4bbl quaddy aircleaner has a couple of reliefs shaped into them at the front that might be able to be ground off with a grinder or similar though.image.jpg
    Nunc est bibendum...

WB aftermarket intake a.jpgWB aftermarket intake b.jpgwbmagnum_enginebay.jpg

Some pics from internet which may be of help. 3rd one is WB Magnum, just not sure where it ends up as the overflow bottle is there.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Sweet. Might have to dig up something and mod accordingly. Had forgotten about the Magnum set up. Might fab up something similar to that with a snorkel each side. That'll work.
    Nunc est bibendum...

I saw one made on a American car show they took the snout of another air cleaner cut a hole in the other side of the air cleaner then welded it on it was easily done this particular car had factory cold air intake it ran two hoses to each side of the radiator

How about this from a Pontiac GTO ?
    I bought one in a while ago but haven't fitted it as yet.
    Kind of expensive though once you convert to US $ and then add shipping!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-70-71-72-...9fb426&vxp=mtr

I reckon what you want is a Pontiac firebird air cleaner they ran a quaddy so it would go straight on but probably hard to find

Thread Information