Thread: 73 HQ Windowless van For Sale

Learner Driver

73 HQ Windowless van For Sale

Hi all, I'm selling my 73 Belmont van. This was a country NSW car all its life and it's been sitting in a farm shed for the last 24 years. Its a great survivor. Has a non original 202 with 3 speed manual. Very minimal rust and original paint. The sills, doors, top and bottom tailgates are fine, gutters as well. The rear right lower guard has had a rust repair done and theres a scar/dent on the rear right guard. See pics. There's a couple of 10c size holes in the passenger floor pan, nothing huge, drivers floor is fine. Chassis is very good, no rust. Comes with a spare complete running low mileage (95,000km's) 202/3 speed. Pretty hard to find one as original as this old girl. Great panel gaps, all panels original, no cracks in the dash and the grille is perfect, no cracks. Chrome bumpers and all trim is great. Bench seat is torn on drivers side.

I was gonna just lower it with some Holden sports wheels and redline tyres and cruise it, but I now need the room for something else. Anyone interested, give me a call 0411850onesixone to discuss. Car is in Canberra asking $10500ono.
    Matt

FullSizeRender-9.jpgIMG_2260.JPGIMG_2268.JPGIMG_2269.JPGIMG_2270.JPGIMG_2271.JPGIMG_2272.jpgIMG_2273.jpgIMG_2276.jpgIMG_2257.jpgIMG_2256.JPGIMG_1430.jpgIMG_2253.JPGIMG_2254.JPGIMG_2255.JPGIMG_2277.jpgFullSizeRender-9.jpgIMG_2260.JPGIMG_2268.JPGIMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2249.jpgIMG_2250.jpgIMG_2251.jpgIMG_2252.JPG
    Last edited by Grpawalky; 18-06-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Sandman Driver
    I believe that will fall into the category of survivor!! Good luck with your sale. & Wow what a great piece of history.

Ripper! I assume it runs and drives?
    Cool project for sure.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by micks_sandman View Post
    I believe that will fall into the category of survivor!! Good luck with your sale. & Wow what a great piece of history.
    lovely van! survivor would most definitely need it's original engine though. great part of the country to buy a car from.

all the best with the sale
    BQZ

Saw that on Facebook. Really nice van.

Learner Driver
    Van SOLD today. First guy to come and check it out.

Good, that saves me having an argument with my wife over another van!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Crazy! I was talking to a mate yesterday and his brother bought it! He has a great car collection including 6 Monaros, a Trans-Am, a HSV GTS, a bunch of hotrods (including one of the best in Australia), so this HQ is going to be a beauty.

Learner Driver
    You're correct Rob, the new owner sure has a decent collection. He's also got a rusty HQ wagon that has 308/4speed, GTS dash, guards, bucket seats etc.........all heading into the van. Should be a ripper. I believe he's leaving it original paint as well.

Had a look at it at his workshop last week and it's already well on the way. Rust repairs are done and dings knocked out.
    Original paint colour is staying (at least at the moment) with his business logo signwritten on the side, and as you say, 308/4-speed from the wagon plus GTS gear etc.

This is going to be a beauty, he doesn't do anything by halves.

Thread Information