Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in the market for some gts rims

Learner Driver

in the market for some gts rims

Hey fellas,

Just throwing it out there, wheres the best place to get hold of a nice set of gts rims and tyres? Im not so sure I trust people selling them on ebay or gumtree

Do I have to buy second hand ones?

And also curious as to how wide I can go on them? I got some custom made gts ones 8x14 and 10x15 but they're rubbing on the chasis and the guards and apparently are pretty dangerous

Cruiser
    Canterbury mags and tyres Bayswater or a guy in box hill that sells on ebay cheers

Yep what rocky said 15x8 15x7 would be spot on in my books

Sandman Guru
    Where are you? There is a guy in Canberra who brings them in regularly. 15x7 are easy to find and he can also get you replica new ones although they are only in 4" backspace and originals come in 4.25 and 4.5". I bought a set of 15x6 off him.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Where are you? There is a guy in Canberra who brings them in regularly. 15x7 are easy to find and he can also get you replica new ones although they are only in 4" backspace and originals come in 4.25 and 4.5". I bought a set of 15x6 off him.
    that would be Shane Richards, he found me a set of 15" honeycombs for my LE, he also supplied me 5 x 15x7 GTS\Pontiac rally2's that I had turned into 16x7's

Whereabouts are you Hambo?

I've got a stock 14x6 set and a 15x8 set. We could maybe work something out.

Chuck me a PM if you want.

Learner Driver
    cheers Rocky, was looking at the Canterbry ones yesterday online, look a little crazy in the photos, have you got any links for the guy in box hill? Cant seem to see him apart from a bunch of rare spare sets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I'm in Gundagai, would be awesome to talk to the guy if you got a number?

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Yep what rocky said 15x8 15x7 would be spot on in my books
    Yeah just trying to get my van registered and the mechanic reckons the 15x8 15x7 are too big and are rubbing on the car. Granted its been lowered quite a bit, the wheels are dope! Really dont want to get rid of them if I dont have too but if they're too big they're too big

I can whack some thins ones on to get it through rego but I was wanting to do some roadies around Christmas and dont really want to put my missus life in danger, just want piece of mind when I hit the road. Has anyone had experience with this?

15x8 15x7 to big rubbish people have run bigger than that tell your mechanic
    if you want it to be safe for you and your family go 15x7 allround with 235/50/15 tyres front and rear problem solved
    everybody wins
    i have a mate that runs the Canterbury GTS rim 15x7 on his LC GTR Torana and has no issues

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    15x8 15x7 to big rubbish people have run bigger than that tell your mechanic
    if you want it to be safe for you and your family go 15x7 allround with 235/50/15 tyres front and rear problem solved
    everybody wins
    i have a mate that runs the Canterbury GTS rim 15x7 on his LC GTR Torana and has no issues
    Ah cool good to hear! Yeah I think the main issue is the front wheels especially when you go into tight turns. I can def feel some rubbing going on, but thats nice to know, surely something can be done to make these wheels work

Thread Information