Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: sandman decals hx hz

Sandman Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    And purple stripes were common on green vans, but I don't ever remember them on Supermint.
    Yeah just had a look around the net, I easily could be be remembering purple stripes on a Panama green van, not Supermint, if so it's my bum steer, its a close colour.

Sandman Driver
    But, I reckon purple stripes might look pretty cool on Supermint, I wonder, if purple was actualy a factory option for Supermint, and the van was no stripes originally, and stripes are now being added, would it decrease originality and re-sale price for an owner to go with purple? It's still the same question though really, was purple avail on Supermint.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Just a thought, but perhaps the part numbers changed if a different printer was used to do the subsequent run of stripes. They may have told Holden that they would try to get them as close as possible to the original batch, but they may have been slightly different and Holden just issued a different part number to keep track for possible quality control issues.

I also remember that a van/ute tail light lens is the same as a HQ Statesman, but from memory is listed as a different part number, even though the same number is moulded in the lens.

And purple stripes were common on green vans, but I don't ever remember them on Supermint.
    I think you'll find the different part number is most likely for the paint highlight on the perimeter of the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    But, I reckon purple stripes might look pretty cool on Supermint, I wonder, if purple was actualy a factory option for Supermint, and the van was no stripes originally, and stripes are now being added, would it decrease originality and re-sale price for an owner to go with purple? It's still the same question though really, was purple avail on Supermint.
    It was never a recommended combo from factory. But a Dealer would do anything you wanted them to, so they made a sale.

Supermint is only a pre 79 HZ colour. DY6 never came out until 79. So there was no purple/pink set in the early HZ's.

DY4. White, Mid Blue, Dark Blue is known as standard.

I still think that HX DX5 would look great! Plum(pink), Purple, Dark Blue.

While when on the subject would the HZ DY4 or DX5 would these look odd on a Valencia Van instead of DY3
    opinions wanted

Oh that would be interesting........ Different... Not my cup of tea. But. if we had the same taste what a boring world it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    It was never a recommended combo from factory. But a Dealer would do anything you wanted them to, so they made a sale.

Supermint is only a pre 79 HZ colour. DY6 never came out until 79. So there was no purple/pink set in the early HZ's.

DY4. White, Mid Blue, Dark Blue is known as standard.

I still think that HX DX5 would look great! Plum(pink), Purple, Dark Blue.
    plum pink purple dark blue yep l can picture that sound cool

I think it would look good. I am sure I have seen it done before. I dug through all my photos and couldn't find any..

I have a set at the moment. its not 100% as original. Its a seconds set. reason is the pink (plum) is a little too bright compared to normal. On a light green this kit would look great! ;)

Sandman Resto _13 004.jpgSandman Resto _13 011.jpgSandman Resto _13 012.jpg
    Just for Sandman 78
    The Decal will be coming off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Duc1991 View Post
    Sandman Resto _13 004.jpgSandman Resto _13 011.jpgSandman Resto _13 012.jpg
    Just for Sandman 78
    The Decal will be coming off soon.
    thanks for that are you going to put the same colour decals back on

Thread Information