Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandman without original chassis. Still a Sandman?

Cruiser
    any photos

Learner Driver
    Posted one. Found on Gumtree.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    any photos

Learner Driver
    $_20.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by CamSyd View Post
    Posted one. Found on Gumtree.

When you said "needs a paint" I was picturing a lot worse than that. Price probably isn't too far off, but if it was a full replica with all those good bits on it then it's probably worth a decent amount too. If you want a Sandman and the chassis doesn't bother you then it's probably a good car. The only issue comes with finding another person with your mindset when you go to sell it.

Learner Driver
    Yeah thought that too. But owner said it needed full respray . Might be an old shot. Interior all original. Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts. Been for sale quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    When you said "needs a paint" I was picturing a lot worse than that. Price probably isn't too far off, but if it was a full replica with all those good bits on it then it's probably worth a decent amount too. If you want a Sandman and the chassis doesn't bother you then it's probably a good car. The only issue comes with finding another person with your mindset when you go to sell it.

Wow! Then my van REALLY needs a respray!

I have owned cars that needed a respray a lot more than that and I still didn't see the need.

Nice ute, not sure it's $20,000 nice but it would look good in my driveway....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Learner Driver
    Ha, know what you mean. I'd have throw in some transport costs too, but it's my preferred Sandman colour. Can't be many out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Wow! Then my van REALLY needs a respray!

I have owned cars that needed a respray a lot more than that and I still didn't see the need.

Nice ute, not sure it's $20,000 nice but it would look good in my driveway....

oh no, not this again....

where is the identity if you can replace the rails and still have a sandman?? ultimately it's the rails that identify the vehicle in WA ie if its a WB rail number with HJ everything else, it's still seen here as a WB. I'm not sure the greater majority would see this ute as a sandman if the body had been swapped... so if the identity is not in the rails (as most mentioned, it's still a sandman) and it's not in the body as the body has no ID numbers (generally)then it must be in the tags... but you need the body to help ID and reconfirm tags so really it's not a sandman unless it's all together in one original piece imo.
    Last edited by Vombil; 14-05-2015 at 12:44 AM.
    BQZ

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    oh no, not this again....

where is the identity if you can replace the rails and still have a sandman?? ultimately it's the rails that identify the vehicle in WA ie if its a WB rail number with HJ everything else, it's still seen here as a WB. I'm not sure the greater majority would see this ute as a sandman if the body had been swapped... so if the identity is not in the rails (as most mentioned, it's still a sandman) and it's not in the body as the body has no ID numbers (generally)then it must be in the tags... but you need the body to help ID and reconfirm tags so really it's not a sandman unless it's all together in one original piece imo.
    Yep, your right IMO.

Also though IMO, if the chap selling the vehicle is being honest with you and you want it, and you pay the money knowing all the details, you like the car, I say good luck to you both.

It's not my money to tell you how to spend it.

yeah value is another discussion altogether. however, i'm sure if the rails matched it would have sold 6 months ago.
    BQZ

Thread Information