Thread: hq van and ute

Learner Driver

hq van and ute

i am thinking of restoring 2 hq holdens i have had in my shed for many years and after advise to restored value 1 is a 5/74 ute m20 xx7 yellow paint black interior and the other is 5/74 panel van l31 m21 xx7 orange paint black interior advise welcome

Wally
    I say do it for sure. But we need pics mate.

If you're doing it to make money then better off selling them as is.

Restored value will depend on the quality of the restoration more than anything. Could be anything from $25k to $50k depending on the level of detail.

Sandman Guru
    I agree. Sell them both and buy something already done and enjoy it. If you like a challenge though go for it!

My advice, sell the panelvan cheap to me and do the ute up

HQ Sandmans are very desirable and well sort after. Especially the right cars. Paint, trim, driveline, colour, matching numbers etc.
    It really depends on what you really have. Put up some photos and all the details of the cars and I'm sure you'll get good advise.

Learner Driver
    It really depends on if you have got money to spend?? or you want money??? as it will cost aprox $70 000(total) to do them both up to show quality(or more) or you can sell them now for anything between $10 000 to mid $20 000 each, as they are. As said already pics & tags possibly required for authenticity, ect. Good Luck. & Luck bloke to have two HQ sandman's in the shed anyway!!!

Love to see some pics of them.

Thread Information