I got this ute years ago from a mate that lost interest in it and was intending to build it up as a replica Sandman. Once I got my van the ute has sat around gaining more patina but the other day my Wife decided I had better do something with it or get rid of it.

So obviously I now have to do something with it.

I'm thinking about leaving it looking ratty, putting one of my sets of retrimmed seats in it and making the interior comfortable, and fitting my 8" recently painted GTS wheels on it. Black grille and headlight surrounds, new blinkers and side markers and lower it a bit. Its got a good 253 and 4-speed in it so it can stay like that for a while, but I've got a new 355 stroker on the engine stand with flat top pistons, big cam, Edelbrock manifold and 600 Holley that might slip in easily....

I'd also like some info on it's original colour. It's a 3/75 and my Dulon colour mixing book only goes to 1974.

Tag details are;
HJ8WN80
1900 60V
567-15946
L32 M15 GU4

M15 is 3 on the tree right? Someone's done a good conversion, steering column is from a HX/Z. Dash is HZ Kingswood SL with variable speed wipers and GTS wheel.
My HJ Ute Buildup 2007 012 small.jpgMy HJ Ute Buildup 2007 011 small.jpg