Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful XA - for those who will look at Fords

Sandman Guru

Beautiful XA - for those who will look at Fords

Saw this popup when looking for Holdens. Great original V8 XA wagon.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-XA-V...3D181715828197

Currently $7100 in South Australia. I don't know exactly what it is about XA's that I like, maybe because for many years they were the ugly cousin that no-one wanted, like a HD maybe?

When I first got my licence my old man had an XA ute, and prior to that a ZA Fairlane.

Being a ute tragic the XA-XC never really did it for me like the WB did. Although I had a soft spot for the XF ute for a while.

Nice looking wagon, I remember back in the early 90's anything looking like that being used as demolition derby cars as nobody wanted them & they were cheap

Sandman Guru
    I know, I wrecked a really nice HG wagon in a demo derby.

Nice old cruzer!

Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

I don't think I have ever seen an XA wagon, lots of sedans, but never a wagon so as I lived in the day of these, they must have been a rare commodity
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    I've seen them but not since the early 80's. I remember the Ford aisles at most of the local wreckers in the 80's being full of rusted out XA-XD, far more than accident wrecks. They should have survived though in small numbers out west, I was near to the coast.

Unless they are in farm sheds I haven't seen any. Nor have I seen any at shows, I have seen an xb and xc however and I got my ps in an xb - well a 76 model which was mums
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I've seen them but not since the early 80's. I remember the Ford aisles at most of the local wreckers in the 80's being full of rusted out XA-XD, far more than accident wrecks. They should have survived though in small numbers out west, I was near to the coast.
    A mate who gets a few old cars picked up an xa wagon with a tailgate that folded down and also swung out ( seperately not same time) he says it's a rare option they seem to find him he has some nice old wrecks.

Those who couldn't afford Sandmans or even a decent Panel Van drove wagons. I had a white HQ 202, a mate had a 71 cortina with a 250 six. 30 yaers later I'm still driving wagons, probably the most useful alround body style. I can remember a popular XB or XC 302, light metallic blue with a mural of micky mouse surfing on the tailgate. XC GXL front I think. Frequented the west coast of Victoria, Geelong to Lorne. Never met the driver but was a stand out - very ccol. Any one else remember this car?

This one looks like a ripper to do a few subtle period mods too, maybe lowered, white wall, venetians etc.

Thread Information