Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful XA - for those who will look at Fords

That's a nice old wagon. Alway's liked the old Ford's, they were better equipped and more powerful than the holden's, in original form.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Here's another old Falcon wagon that's been on ebay a few times.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XB-FORD-F...-/251923827549

xb_coon_zpsvirn8iay.jpg

Sandman Driver
    There were two XA wagons in the suburb where I grew up that I remember, one white with the windscreen sunvisor, another was brown with a white roof, and a friends dad had a red XC station wagon with a tan vinyl roof sports option of some kind, CS? my friend used to always insist it was a Cobra option and pretty rare, I think it probably was special, I've never seen another like it.

Used to walk past the white one every day on my way to school, cant remember if it was the 500 or the 250. There was also a house with a white Falcon 250 sedan parked alongside a white Falcon 500 sedan in our street (XA and XB). Cool tail lights on the XA sedan! Why don't they do that again!!? White was perhaps a common colour choice of the day in the ACT...? But it got fuel stains around the filler.

Btw, also a brown Valiant station wagon (VH or there abouts) owned by neighbours 6 cyl Hemi, just up the road, we kids never wore seatbelts in the back of the Valiant cause they would jam down the back of the seat and we wern't strong enough to untwist em to get them out, and there wern't enough for all of us anyway with five or six of us jammed in the back. We'd just rumble each other and jump between the wagon and the back seat all the way home protesting we had a reason to whilst my mates mum driving shouted at us to stop messing about and sit still! (lol). Seatbelts in the back were a new thing in that decade. Holden and Ford had them though of course.

There is a recently restored XA sedan driving around the ACT atm (seen it twice) and theres a couple of XC's including a van getting about as well, and that Cortina I mentioned months back on another thread (seen it three times now) -all look like restores. I dont think I'd ever choose to own one but its nice to see a few around.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    There were two XA wagons in the suburb where I grew up that I remember, one white with the windscreen sunvisor, another was brown with a white roof, and a friends dad had a red XC station wagon with a tan vinyl roof sports option of some kind, CS? my friend used to always insist it was a Cobra option and pretty rare, I think it probably was special, I've never seen another like it.

Used to walk past the white one every day on my way to school, cant remember if it was the 500 or the 250. There was also a house with a white Falcon 250 sedan parked alongside a white Falcon 500 sedan in our street (XA and XB).
    I think you mean "GS" (Grand Sport) and that was an option kit (Rally Pack). Not sure were you get 250 vs 500. They were all called Falcon 500 whether they had a 170, 300 or 250 Six, 289, 302 or 351 V8

Thread Information