Thread: HJ Panelvan pivot point

HJ Panelvan pivot point

Hi guys, i'm just about to put my van on a rottisery and am trying to work out the balance/pivot point on the van so when i turn the van around it doesnt go spinning around and crash or squash me!! Lol does anyone know where the happy medium point is on the body? Cheers Mark

Sandman Guru
    My mate did his HD at the rear bumperette points and the front subframe attachment point (which W size vans don't have). You'll probably have to use the front chassis points and offset the pivot closer to the top of the tunnel in line with the bumperettes.

I recently finished one for my van and will get the measurements for you tomorrow. I used the rear bumperettes and the chassis points under the fire wall. From memory the front was 350mm up from the chassis points and the rear 450 up from the bumpettes but will get them exactly tomorrow. Took a bit of messing around to find them but in the end it turns really easily. Very time consuming until you get them right though!

Hi Locodriver. My van is currently on a rotisserie and looks like below. The mount points are the same as recommended by HK and Seavan and i had to get custom brackets made up to attach to these points. My experience is that the van wants to 'fall' over a bit from the upright position and you need to be careful to control the roll with a second person.

Attached Images Attached Images

Learner Driver
    Hi seavan, how did u go getting the pivot points for ur sandman body, I too would be very greatful with measurements as I need to put mine on a rotisserie as well, head to get this right first time if possible.
    My thx Sparks

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    I recently finished one for my van and will get the measurements for you tomorrow. I used the rear bumperettes and the chassis points under the fire wall. From memory the front was 350mm up from the chassis points and the rear 450 up from the bumpettes but will get them exactly tomorrow. Took a bit of messing around to find them but in the end it turns really easily. Very time consuming until you get them right though!
    Hi seavan, how did u go with the measurements for body to go on a rotisserie, I'm at that stage as well

Ok, from off the centre of the bolt holes of the bumpettes up to centre of pivot point. Van=300mm
    Ute= 170mm
    From flush with the chassis mount under fire wall to centre of pivot point. Van=440mm
    Ute=325 mm

I hope this helps out as i spent hours welding then cutting off then welding etc finding these!

Learner Driver
    Thank you so much
    Cheers
    Sparks

Thread Information