Thread: Clutch issues

Learner Driver

Clutch issues

Hi, hopefully this is the correct place for this.

I have finally inherited my dads 76 GTS Sandman, my brother was in the process of returning it back to a manual when I recieved it. The issue I have is that where the clutch linkages sit they are rattling between the genie extractors and the chassis.

If possible can I get some pics of the setups to try and see if my brother has mixed up where it is meant to be located.

Thanks heaps.
    Matt

New project - 1976 HJ GTS Sandman, original 253 high compression motor (unleaded heads installed, originals in storage), M20 gearbox reinstalled.

Welcome Matt.

I've moved your thread to the Workshop area, you'll get support here from the professors.
    Good luck on restoring the HJ, we'd love to see some photos if you can get around to it.

Hi Matt Welcome.
    maybe you can attach some photos of how your set up is now? Might be easier save a lot of back and forth. You can take a photo with your iPad and attach it straight to the forum from your Gallery. You might have a set of extractors that suit a full cable set up like what's on HZ and WB. Talk soon. cheers

Learner Driver
    Thanks, finding it a little hard to navigate on iPad. The car is located in Kurri Kurri at the moment. I spent some time working on the car over Easter and almost got it to start for the first time in over 3 years. I am franticly trying to organise a way to move it from there to Brisbane, but no one does one way hire of car trailers. I am trying to locate a trailer in brisbane to use but not paying rent for a month as I will be in Melbourne for a month and hopefully toe her back on my way through.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no issue when it used to be manual but my dad and I turned it auto many years ago and now my brother has gone with the conversion, just not sure if he has sourced the wrong clutch setup.

Sandman Guru
    I may be able to look at it later in the week for you. I'm 20min from Kurri

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I may be able to look at it later in the week for you. I'm 20min from Kurri
    Thanks for the offer,
    If it's ok I will organise to meet you there next time I am down that way.( the van is in my dads shed) I will next be there on the 30th April and 1st may.

Sandman Guru
    I may be able to but as they are weekdays I may be working and not able to do it. Will just have to wait and see.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I may be able to but as they are weekdays I may be working and not able to do it. Will just have to wait and see.
    Yeah no probs, the 30th I will be driving down from brissy. I think I may have figured out why it's not going right. My brother got aftermarket rebuilt heads to take unleaded fuel and it required the inlet manifold being changed to the 308 version so the extractors maybe in a different position slightly causing the constriction of the clutch.

Will get a better look when I get down there again.

Thread Information