Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My HK van 1977-1979

Cruiser
    I liked the utes especially with the GTS guards and HG GTS bonnet vents.

Mauser[/QUOTE]
    A bloke back at home has a hg ute with all the Gts gear on it white and black trims with 6cyl , sold it a few years back though and then bought it back, for a bit more than he sold it for , really wanted it . Fitted an efi 5.0 5sp and commy diff doesn't look right with 16 " commy wheels but it still looks the part. As for vans seen a few on car sales this morning not sure what they are like not into them but they are about still.

I saw an HK silver mink ute, red goya interior, for sale a year or so back Valencia. Had the GTS hubcap's, bonnet and stripe and all the other GTS gear that goes with it. It was an exceptional example, must have gone to the west with you guy's.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    The certainly are awesome in Silver Mink with any of the red HK trims. That is why i'm sort of kicking myself for not grabbing the car when I saw it as it'd be virtually a one-off. I think it had black or light trim though.

Thats the one Inners

I guess that would have to be the ute, there aren't exactly a significant number of ute's around with those specification's....ha,ha.
    Thank's for posting Smooth.
    Cheers.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    Nice, I saw one in Warwick Yellow too done with the same GTS treatment and it was awesome too. The silver one I looked at was nothing as nice as that though, it was a restorer.

GeeeeeZ! That's one of the most beautiful HK/T/G utes I've ever seen. Better than they ever were when new.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sweet ute. My only problem are those little mirrors that they put on them nowadays.
    Also, when the tray in my ute was pulled up in early nineties, the tray floor underneath was dusty, but that's all.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

the good ole days huh?? no one hassled you for being different and modifying a car like the van, guys like rob were true innovators, ppl like him made me crave to learn about a gas axe and litrs of K&N, awesome days and memories of 1980-81 riding my push bike down to vancraft and seeing john evans latest creation, and next door seeing keith matcham chopping a lid on a 350 HQ coupe with tee tops, saying to myself "one day I will do that" and in a few short years it became a reality..the other differences was everyone had a job, was skinny, was happy and the only drug we worried about was a bex from mum for a headache we got when we were clipped about the ear for talking in class..
    they just don't write em like that anymore

Thread Information