Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Slowly making a start on my new hz xx7 project

Nice work you are doing. All steps in the right direction.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Great watching someone put so much time and effort into their project, well done so far. I love these threads
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Well done mate Great to see another Van getting the treatment it deserves. You're doing such a great job, can't wait to see her finished.

Ok so I've discussed the tail shaft colour before. While giving it a quick sand back before I painted it (black by the way). I found the original blue.. Just thought I'd share
    We can restore cars back to original. But we can't restore originality.

A lil bit more progress on the van. Recon the steering column with retro fit bottom bearing. Then pulled apart and painted.
    Sandblast and paint steering box. Sand and Paint tail shaft. Brought a new fuel pump and fitted. Also brought a 650dp carb.
    Avoiding panel work until my motivation level increases.... Sanding, sanding, sanding😓

This is the retro fit bottom bearing. Very simple mod as u can't buy a bottom bearing any more.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by rathyhg View Post
    A lil bit more progress on the van. Recon the steering column with retro fit bottom bearing. Then pulled apart and painted.
    Sandblast and paint steering box. Sand and Paint tail shaft. Brought a new fuel pump and fitted. Also brought a 650dp carb.
    Avoiding panel work until my motivation level increases.... Sanding, sanding, sanding��

This is the retro fit bottom bearing. Very simple mod as u can't buy a bottom bearing any more.
    Looks good !!save me doing it when I go back home (if I remember), what bearing fits ,looks like a standard sealed single roller , nice work on the rest of your van too .

It's a 6205 std roller, I took a lil out of the ID and it's a tight fit on the shaft. And I just skimmed a bit off the old plastic part to get it sitting neat.... That sound confusing but u will understand when you do it yourself.
    I might start rebuilding a few. After seeing the price of them on evilbay

[QUOTE=rathyhg;103643]It's a 6205 std roller, I took a lil out of the ID and it's a tight fit on the shaft. And I just skimmed a bit off the old plastic part to get it sitting neat.... That sound confusing but u will understand when you do it yourself.
    I might start rebuilding a few. After seeing the price of them on evilbay[/QUOTE
    Where would get one of those bearings from

Cruiser
    6205 is a standard bearing from any bearing centre or parts place should have them or get one

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by rathyhg View Post
    It's a 6205 std roller, I took a lil out of the ID and it's a tight fit on the shaft. And I just skimmed a bit off the old plastic part to get it sitting neat.... That sound confusing but u will understand when you do it yourself.
    I might start rebuilding a few. After seeing the price of them on evilbay
    Thanks mate will check A few of my columns to see which need doing and try it out should have one of the bearings sitting in the cupboard and a new top bearing in toolbox, make up a reco column like you have it looks good

Thread Information