Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HQ Kingswood Sandman Utes

Banned
    Oh that stupid rust trap trim on the sills. Surely that was a dealer fitted piece of crap? Was it standard on HQ Kingswood ute?

So I hope I have read this correctly! The rocker/sill strip runs horizontally between wheel arches? If this is the one you are talking about being deleted in the xx7 package, it would have to be the case on Kingswoods to enable the blackouts to run properly around the sills would it not?

I thought that only Premiers and Statesman had sill strips between wheel arches not Kingswood. Kingswood had the vertical chrome strip down the cab beside the door that married into the chrome strip on the window sill on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    I thought that only Premiers and Statesman had sill strips between wheel arches not Kingswood. Kingswood had the vertical chrome strip down the cab beside the door that married into the chrome strip on the window sill on the door.
    Thats what i thought as well not on basic Kingswoods

Banned
    Yeah I don't think that's 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    Premiers and Statesmans had full stainless ribbed sill covers. Kingswood had the strip as shown in the GMH promo shot I posted.
    ...and yes it would have been deleted for the blackout treatment on the Sandman.

Banned
    I have not seen that little strip on any ute ever. However that doesn't mean much. So it's just a thin strip that runs along the seam on the top of the sill? It looks to be in two pieces as well? One short bit on the from guard?
    Must have only been on HQ Kingswood? Was it held on with the permanent rivets like the vertical b pillar Kingswood trim?

The sill mould roughly the thickness of a finger. One piece, ie runs over the gap to front guards. This is Hq only, dropped for hj. As far as window chrome, hq Kingswood ute had chrome all around window, ie across top, down b pillar and along base of window. Hq Belmont got none of these.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I have not seen that little strip on any ute ever. However that doesn't mean much. So it's just a thin strip that runs along the seam on the top of the sill? It looks to be in two pieces as well? One short bit on the from guard?
    Must have only been on HQ Kingswood? Was it held on with the permanent rivets like the vertical b pillar Kingswood trim?
    My mother had a HQ Kingswood and my first drive and also got to dapple at minor repairs on it, the stainless strip was held on the same was as the stainless strips on the doors a small flat head like nail head which the strips clipped on to with those little plastic lugs that connected the two together .

Sandman Guru
    As above, all HQ Kingswood had them including the "Kingswood" coupe (Monaro). The only 03 or 04 (Kingswood) lux level HQ's with them deleted were XX7 and XV4/XW8 (GTS sedan and GTS350 sedan) and they were deleted as part of the special vehicle packages.

Thread Information