Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Door card Trims, Seat covering, colsole covering and hoodlinings

Door card Trims, Seat covering, colsole covering and hoodlinings

Whilst at the All Holden Day at Clarendon last August this guy Elias had a display of very good quality upholstered products. We went to Sydney a month ago on a parts hunt for the Malachite van, and phoned to see if he was about or away on holidays, as he wasn't we asked could he do slate black door trims, for us. He said he had some ready to go on the card, so we went around, and watched as he did them. No mucking about and waiting for ages like the Melbourne mob, he just did them in about 3/4 hour. He also said he could do hood linings, and cover a console for us, but would we mind collecting them in the morning as it was 4pm. He is just around the corner from my brother so that was fine. We are going to take back our seats to him, and have them covered as well, in a couple of weeks, and I just wanted to give him a massive plug on the forum because it seems to be quite difficult to get HZ trims with the chrome insert done correctly. He is nice and easy to deal with and gets the job done, I think it was $400 with Exchange Metal tops-$420 without metal tops. I just handed over the money grateful that he did this so quickly. The hood lining was also a great job, and was $200 for it and the console. He has chamois, tan, buckskin, slate, and all the different fabrics eg. sandpaper, and the herringbone etc. all in rolls.
    I hope this helps fellow restorers. Cheers J

HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Good to know...thanks Jennie

Thanks Jennie. I think Elias is going to be getting a rush of enquiries after this great review.

agreed. nice one! can never have too many choices when it comes to trim... generally trim is so over priced in my opinion.
    BQZ

Yeah I used Elias for my slate door trims too (Parramatta from memory) . They are awesome, same price. He sells on ebay as well but better to go direct. Posted the metal tops to him and he posted the completed trims. Turnaround was about a week. I got my seat covers done and fitted by a bloke in Melb - they were a great job as well. Bloke operates from home - Tony from Alltrim - also sells on eBay.

nice! good referral Jen.

P Plater
    I can thoroughly Recommend Alias. He is great to deal with and has a prompt turn around. I had my two 63V trims done a couple of weeks ago and they are perfect.

Sandman Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    nice! good referral Jen.
    Agreed, sounds the go. trim is last on my list atm, but affording it is constantly in the back of my mind, I'm logging this for future reference. Great to know about!

Btw, dont mean to create extra work, but any chance of a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    Agreed, sounds the go. trim is last on my list atm, but affording it is constantly in the back of my mind, I'm logging this for future reference. Great to know about!

Btw, dont mean to create extra work, but any chance of a pic?
    they are all wrapped up in bubble wrap, I will take a pic of them once they are ready to go on, I don't want to make them dusty, They are every bit as good as the ones in all our other vans, and ute though.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Cruiser
    Don't try calling them now, first they hang up on you and then they say he is on holidays for 2 weeks.

Thread Information