Thread: Persian Sand Sandman XX7 Brisbane build what is it worth

Persian Sand Sandman XX7 Brisbane build what is it worth

I have over committed and may have to sell my Brisbane build Pesian Sand Sandman XX7.
    All of the underneath has been completed and is painted in GMH satin black.
    Front end is all new, diff has been overhauled and all new brake lines etc.
    Cargo area is completed and painted in original colour. body was sand blasted and has minimal rust in fact next to none. Left hand quarter just behind the door is a bit ripply which is repairable and I also have another quarter section. It comes with motor, four speed box and all the panels which have been sandblasted an in good condition including original gts guards also near mint condition.
    It owes me well over 20k so what is it worth in its current stage of restoration?
    Not desperate to sell so please no stupid comments or offers.HJ Sandman 26 Jan 2013 (5) (Medium).JPG

What model is it (HJ with the GTS guards?) and what's the factory driveline - guessing L32/M20? Sand blasted but not straightened and not rust removed, etch primed?

imo there is much work completed but still a long way to go and the end result (if it's schmick) is $35-40k. selling incomplete and unfinished i think it will be hard to get an emotional $ ie 'barn find' that is rusty would likely pull more. working back from end value and what's left to do i think $10k and the buyer may be a panel beater/spray painter or someone with friends in the industry. hope you get what you're after. it looks/sounds like a great base to build on
    Last edited by Vombil; 05-02-2015 at 02:22 AM.
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Not an easy call, but as Vombil says it will be hard to find a buyer over $10k. If it is a 4.2L I can't see it being worth $35-$40k unless the restoration is near concours, probably closer to $30k.

Not a good way to be selling it unfortunately, normally the better return would be how it was before you started or when it is finished. You never know though, only takes one buyer and if someone who wants it knows these cars well enough they may see the value in it however the general mass of buyers probably won't.

Thread Information