Thread: Very tidy WB ute on ebay

Banned

Very tidy WB ute on ebay

This is in great condition. Factory buckets with seat seperator. Power steer and dealer fitted AC. It's a neat looking AC setup in the useless dash pocket. Haven't seen one like that before.
    $9500 is a fair amount of coin for a 6. You would look for a long time to find better though!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=111585850354

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by wbute; 30-01-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Sandman Guru
    It is worth that much, if I wanted one i'd buy it and change to a V8. If it was a HQ it'd probably pull $15k.
    Just before I bought my Premier I offered $10k for a one owner 6cyl 4spd red WB Kingswood ute, with. integrated air, U17 dash, buckets and heavy duty radiator. It had about 80,000kM on it. This was maybe 4-5 years ago, he got $12k for it. Plan was to put a whole blue 4.2L in it with all as per original bits, change the input shaft to a V8 one on the M20 and stick a Salisbury diff and V8 tailshaft in. Body and paint and interior were mint, just needed the RH quarter bump strip changed as he'd used a gutter bolt to fix it back on when the front clip broke.

Banned
    I would love to put it next to my factory V8 one. The 6 would really take some of the fun out of it though. Yes you could swap it for a factory V8 set up though. I don't mind the AC controller set up. Much neater than most of the dealer fitted systems.

Sandman Guru
    It may not be dealer fit, but dealer arranged. Back in that era GMH had a dealer fit setup so A/C could be added to plant stock vehicles to get a sale rather than order a new build. However like today it is cheaper to get a dealer to fit aftermarket rather than "genuine" eg canopy, hard lid etc. May explain why it is neater than most?

I learned to drive in a WB 3.3 M20 van and it went OK but with a 3.55 diff a bit low geared. I built a WB tonner in the late 80's as an everday driver too. I used a 202 as I had a good one out of my LX Torana, it was worked a little with YT head, nice cam, HEI dizzy and extractors with 2.25" system but stock Stromberg so probably had similar or a little more go than a stock blue 3.3. When I first built it I used an M20 and the 3.55 diff in it with 205/65/14 tyres. It was awful on the highway, so I stuck in a HZ 3.08:1 Salisbury. It was then horrible reversing, do I fitted a VK EFI trimatic. It was a great car on the highway after that and was also far easier reversing and carrying a load.
    So that 6cyl one wouldn't be all that bad, probably has a 3.36:1 diff in it. Would be slightly heavier than my old tonner with alloy tray so may be slightly more sluggish. One of these would return similar economy to a 2tonne V6 SR5 Hilux, circa 20-25MPG. Better conversion would probably be an injected 5L and 4L60E.

Thanks for your input wbute and HK1837.

All non related posts have been deleted.

Hmmmmm....

It would be a good mate for my van.....

Wish it was an 8, I'd probably jump on it if it was. Low km's and looks pretty good!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information