Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HQ Belmont Ute, 308, M21, Air all factory

Sandman Guru
    That is the standard diff when L31 optioned. GV2 (3.36) Wouldn't be too many Pur-pull HQ Belmont utes made, especially L31 bench seat examples!

i'm quite prepared to trade/sell most of the cars I own to get that one outlaw. lemme know when you're ready ;) great pick up. DON"T RESTORE IT
    BQZ

P Plater
    Thanks for all your comments guys. No plan to restore it at this stage, only major rust is behind the rear window as the hard cover on the back held leaf litter etc in there. The owner kept all records from new, he bought a logbook as well and entered every action- including fuel stops with the amount of fuel, the miles on the clock and the date. It is an amazing thing to read.
    You guys are spot on I think, the paperwork says 3.55 but the compliance says GV4 which could be 3.36:1 ,right?
    Built 12/73, 13134, 39B, L31, M21, GV4

P Plater
    Vombil, you can have a piece of the history too mate, I will give you the Roo Bar and fibreglass hard lid off the back!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done Outlaw, you certainly have a piece of Australian Automotive History there. Good on you, enjoy.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Vombil, you can have a piece of the history too mate, I will give you the Roo Bar and fibreglass hard lid off the back!
    hahaha OK. beggars can't be choosers!

- - - Updated - - -

what did you use to get rid of surface rust? I have an HJ that has a few surface rust breakthroughs here and there. I want to seal it so it isn't getting worse without painting the thing.
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Thanks for all your comments guys. No plan to restore it at this stage, only major rust is behind the rear window as the hard cover on the back held leaf litter etc in there. The owner kept all records from new, he bought a logbook as well and entered every action- including fuel stops with the amount of fuel, the miles on the clock and the date. It is an amazing thing to read.
    You guys are spot on I think, the paperwork says 3.55 but the compliance says GV4 which could be 3.36:1 ,right?
    Built 12/73, 13134, 39B, L31, M21, GV4
    No, GV4 is 3.55 Salisbury! This car could be interesting. Where did he buy it from? Can you PM the the ID plate details? I'm also wondering when it got the console added.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    hahaha OK. beggars can't be choosers!

- - - Updated - - -

what did you use to get rid of surface rust? I have an HJ that has a few surface rust breakthroughs here and there. I want to seal it so it isn't getting worse without painting the thing.

I used Ranex. I used it undiluted with either a rag or paint brush to apply. Just wipe it on and keep it wet for as long as you can or until the rust is gone- make sure you do it in the shade, preferably in a shed away from any breeze as well because it can stain the paint if it dries out. Left the Ranex on for days in the shed!
    ranex_png_533_800.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    No, GV4 is 3.55 Salisbury! This car could be interesting. Where did he buy it from? Can you PM the the ID plate details? I'm also wondering when it got the console added.
    I will get all the details for you tonight, all I know off the top of my head is that it was purchased new at City Motors, Perth WA. The original owner was a Police Officer and he asked for some interesting options.... like the speedometer Police Calibrated.... He received the car on the 4th of January, 1974
    Attached Images Attached Images

P Plater
    A comparison photo for you Vombil
    paint fix.jpg

yeah i use that stuff generally but have had the problem of it drying and bleaching paint. how do you keep it wet? it's nearly 40 degrees!!!
    BQZ

Thread Information