Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hk monaro tags

Hk monaro tags

G'day folks, while I have been cleaning up some of the crap in my garage I found a box containing a bunch of body ID tags that I have removed from most of the cars that I have dumped over the years. I can remember removing a set from a HK Monaro, and after rummaging through it I found what I think are the tags. Can anyone tell me if these are HK Monaro tags? and would the be worth anything?

SKINNY TAG

80337KH113300

BODY IDENTIFICATION TAG

BODY 80337KR-00202-H5
    TRIM 1167-18X
    PAINT 585-10318

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Sandman Guru
    Are tags worth anything? Correct answer is no, but people do pay money for them. However without the chassis number to go with these tags they are not worth anything, so best keep them.

BTW those tags don't belong together. The VIN is off an Acacia Ridge HK Monaro. The BODY tag is off a Pagewood HK Monaro. There is a very slim chance the car was a Pagewood HK body assembled in Acacia Ridge although I have never heard of that combination. In such a case the chassis number would be around and in the form HK22xxxSB. The BODY tag is off a pretty early HK Monaro too. My Pagewood GTS327 is number 00002-H5 and Pagewood 80337KR-00249-H5 is around 500 chassis numbers earlier than my GTS327. So this one is probably around a mid-late June 1968 assembly, and in a pre-release colour too - Mayan Gold. The Acacia Ridge VIN tag is pretty early too.

Edit - any chance of scanning the tags you have. Some might fill gaps in my database.

Thanks for that HK1837, but the tags did come off the same car. They are the only Monaro tags that I have removed, only because I kept being hassled by a bloke that wanted it, so I pulled off the tags, ground the firewall number out and chopped the roof off before dumping it. Both tags had been painted black on the car. It was a 327 GTS drag car that I purchased around 1985. It was totally lightened with perspex windows and a wild light blue/ big fleck dark purple paint job. I still have the big rear fiberglass spoiler behind my garage. I'll try to remove the paint at some stage and scan them for you ( I have had trouble uploading photos though). As for keeping them, I have enough crap in my shed and I'm trying to lighten my load. I might put them on ebay and see what someone will pay for them, I just sold a set of rusty, moldy seat belts for a LC Torana for $61, I was going to chuck them out.

Hey husky you wouldnt have anymore Torana seatbelts by any chance

No sorry, I only put them on ebay because I missed them when I cleaned up last time and they didn't get chucked out. I tossed heap's of sets of HK through to HQ in the clean up. Properly should have stuck them on ebay lol.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by husky srt View Post
    Thanks for that HK1837, but the tags did come off the same car. They are the only Monaro tags that I have removed, only because I kept being hassled by a bloke that wanted it, so I pulled off the tags, ground the firewall number out and chopped the roof off before dumping it. Both tags had been painted black on the car. It was a 327 GTS drag car that I purchased around 1985. It was totally lightened with perspex windows and a wild light blue/ big fleck dark purple paint job. I still have the big rear fiberglass spoiler behind my garage. I'll try to remove the paint at some stage and scan them for you ( I have had trouble uploading photos though). As for keeping them, I have enough crap in my shed and I'm trying to lighten my load. I might put them on ebay and see what someone will pay for them, I just sold a set of rusty, moldy seat belts for a LC Torana for $61, I was going to chuck them out.
    Hmm, will get back. Might be a split plant car. Isn't a GTS327 though, just a Monaro.

Well the bloke that I bought it off bull shitted to me then. Oh well that's all in the past now, I don't think I'll be able to track him down now to ask for my money back.

If you do happen to find more seatbelts i would be interested anything with a metal buckle
    cheers

I think I may have some out of a Rambler Matador. I'll have to have a scratch around. How many are you after?

Sorry should have said holden only

Thread Information