Thread: Charcol canister - HX

Charcol canister - HX

getting close to rego inspection and hoping someone could inform me as to where the hose goes to from 'purge' and also where on the carbie the 'carb' hose goes to
    cheers
    Spike

Hi Spike, try looking at engine bay photos in the HX build section of this forum or google images, it will probably be the best way to get the answer.

Sandman Guru
    Get a HX parts catalogue, easy to follow pictures in there. They are a few dollars as a scan on CD off Ebay.

P Plater
    Hi Guys, hoping someone can shed some light on my question:

Are the Charcoal Cannister's all the same part number as I have seen different types ?
    I am chasing the correct Charcoal Cannister part number for my 5/78 HZ Sandy ?

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by waddell65 View Post
    Hi Guys, hoping someone can shed some light on my question:

Are the Charcoal Cannister's all the same part number as I have seen different types ?
    I am chasing the correct Charcoal Cannister part number for my 5/78 HZ Sandy ?
    There are at least 4 different types in this era of Holdens.

HJ have a small diaphragm on top, which means that 6-cyl & 253 V8 have 4 outlets & the 308 V8 one has 3 outlets.

HX & HZ don't have the diaphragm, so the 6-cyl & 253 unit has has 3 fittings while the 308 canister only has 2.

Dr Terry

P Plater
    Thank you Dr Terry, is there a specific part number for the HZ 1977-9 Charcol canister ? Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Can you add a photo of the HZ 308 Charcol canister as I thought they all had 3 fittings ?
    Do you know what is the wording above the hose fittings on the canister and do you have the part number for the HZ 308 Charcol canister ? Thank you

Thread Information