Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackouts for the chrome around the windscreen.

I spose it's what best works for you Inners
    But you will find these days playground equipment is mostly changing to plastic
    I will continue with 2 PAC works for me

paint em. powder coat sets like a stone and with flexible thin metal like molds i can see it shattering or cracking then lifting. you'll probably mark them putting them back on and paint is easy to touch up. id think that powder would go on too thick also so they might give you grief getting them to fit. no doubt powder is stronger and has it's place.... on play equipment and machinery imo
    BQZ

Sandman Driver
    Politely , I reckon this might be one for Dr Terry? It's a good question, what was factory?

P.S. (quoting people I knew who owned a powder coating shop back in the day) there's good powder coating, and there's less good powder coating, some sticks, some doesnt.

Sandman Guru
    Acrylic satin finish. When it gets marked touch it up and you can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    paint em. powder coat sets like a stone and with flexible thin metal like molds i can see it shattering or cracking then lifting. you'll probably mark them putting them back on and paint is easy to touch up. id think that powder would go on too thick also so they might give you grief getting them to fit. no doubt powder is stronger and has it's place.... on play equipment and machinery imo
    Ditto. Powder coating is fine for big solid components under the car but this is a flimsy piece of trim in a prominent position. You may be able to match the colour but the texture and appearance will look different.

Banned
    Strange. I heard it was a brittle finish and chipped easily. However it would have to be better than paint on windscreen trims.
    Also, the trims are stainless and not chrome I believe.

Just my thoughts. With the the way all parts on these old girls are becoming GMH rare Gold. If your trims are smicko, I would grab a set that are not quite so perfect and sand them and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    powder coating bonds great but you still need to paint door frames sills beaver panel door handles rear quarter lowers upper tailgate rear glass surrounds so you will need a good paint primer tape etc you wont have any dramas with your art talent have fun
    Thanks XX7SANDMN....looking toward to hitting it with the black

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Strange. I heard it was a brittle finish and chipped easily. However it would have to be better than paint on windscreen trims.
    Also, the trims are stainless and not chrome I believe.
    I just checked my trims and they are not made from stainless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    Just my thoughts. With the the way all parts on these old girls are becoming GMH rare Gold. If your trims are smicko, I would grab a set that are not quite so perfect and sand them and use them.
    Good idea RAEME

Sandman Guru
    You won't find chrome windscreen trims, they are stainless. Only the mirrors and door handles are chromed, plus scuff plates and a few other bits and pieces like tail-light surrounds.

Thread Information