Thread: Seat Belts

Seat Belts

(rodney says)

Oz maybe we need an entire thread on Seatbelts, your comment was that the seatbelts in my Yellow HZ were HX seatbelts, admitting the yellow van could easily a combination of anything and could be incorrect, but took pics of Red van seat belts today, and they are exactly the same as the seatbelts in the yellow van. I was wondering if HZ cars, may have had a different seatbelt to commercials pics posted below are of seatbelts in Red HZ van..

the bible which Absinth has brought with him (aka parts book) did list three manufacturers, therefore three different parts numbers, but the pic is slotted as you suggested on Sunday.....what are your thoughts....the manual does mention TRW

TRW seatbelt are listed in the parts catalogue as being for M70 and M80 vehicles which coincides with what is in the red HZ van.

Cooldrive and Rainsford manufactured seatbelt are list for Kingswood, Monaro and Statesman.
    Last edited by Absinth; 02-08-2010 at 08:53 PM.

i said they were for hj....interesting that the parts catalogue states that when i have wrecked so many hz vans that dont have what the parts catalogue states..who am i to argue with black and white..:lol:

Banned
    I need some help identifying the seat belts in my HX ute. I think one is an aftermarket thing.

The one with the elongated hole in the buckle belongs to the stalk with the orange buckle which I think is the aftermarket one?

good idea.
    i see alot of TRW seatbelts too.
    there must be at least 4 types from HQ to WB
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

the one on the right is the original james..the one on the left is either aftermarket or fraud..:Pirate:..they look similar..

P Plater
    The one on the left with the elongated hole, and it's matching buckle look very much like VK/VL commodore. I dare say those belts could have also been issued to the aftermarket at the time too. VK/VL belts normally have date stickers on the body of the reel.

i cant say ive ever wrecked a hq to wb with commodore seat belts in them mick...
    i have wrecked plenty with fraud but...but your right they do look commodorish..

Cruiser
    Was wondering if anyone has purchases repro seat belts from the mob on ebay ( Made in OZ) or the Rares Ones, I also contacted the mob in WA and they said they could recondition my HZ ones which are the same as the ones in Jennie and Rod's van.

Seatbelt solutoins in W.A. do the best work from what i have seen and been told

Thread Information