Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power steering pumps

Looks like the engine in MY van, only with no van around it!

The one on the engine stand behind looks like what's going in my van soon.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

ive noticed a lot of hqs to hzs that have been restored have the later pumps on them ,are they a better pump or are the earlier pumps harder to get as i havent seen to many for sale on ebay etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Looks like the engine in MY van, only with no van around it!

The one on the engine stand behind looks like what's going in my van soon.....
    The engine stand behind has a 308 block, bored 60" over that has been sandblasted and polished and finally sprayed in a clear coat. Its intended to stay on the stand forever and receive a plate of glass over the top and two bar stools on each side. Perfect height for a bar table.

Note the location of the aircon compressor on the engine in front. I'm trying to get a custom bracket made to hold the compressor under the power steering pump.
    Last edited by damienengland; 18-10-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsandman View Post
    ive noticed a lot of hqs to hzs that have been restored have the later pumps on them ,are they a better pump or are the earlier pumps harder to get as i havent seen to many for sale on ebay etc.
    They are out there but some people just over look that part along with other period correct bits and pieces depends how anal you want to be about it, I have seen quite a few HQs with the HJ-HZ pumps a lot of the time the owners dont even know there is a difference

Learner Driver

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsandman View Post
    Sorry if I stuff this up, it's my first time on here. I have a power steering unit off a hq if you need one. Looks like the one off ebay. Was working fine when I took it off the car about 2 years ago. I'm in blue mountains nsw

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Sorry if I stuff this up, it's my first time on here. I have a power steering unit off a hq if you need one. Looks like the one off ebay. Was working fine when I took it off the car about 2 years ago. I'm in blue mountains nsw
    Terry if Kingsandman has since bought one I will take it off your hands thanks

Thanks terry but ive bought one of ebay cheers andrew.

Learner Driver
    No worries let me know how I get in contact with you. Hopefully you live local to me so you can have a look at it first to make sure it's what you want

Thread Information