Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandman Values ?

This is slightly off topic but going the other way why is it that some cars valued higher dont seem to be selling I have been watching 6-7 LJ GTR XU-1's on carsales for the last 6 months and one particular one a white one from Wollongong has been for sale for about 3 years, these are cars with racing heritage Bathurst Specials some of them and priced between the 60-80k mark and most appear to be good quality cars one I actually inquired about myself , not sure about the sale of HK Monaros , I have a friend who just bought a survivor HQ 350 coupe for around 70k which along with Ozbox's coupe seem to be snapped up quite quickly I know they are obviously rarer that an XU-1.

just flavours of the month i think mate. HQ's are in. Ute and vans are in. HQ-WB are in. paying 60-80K for a car when there's a threat of people in the hood losing their jobs is a big call. not a lot of confidence in the market generally i think
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Toranas baffle me a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    You wouldnt understand unless you own one
    As far as i know Byron they didnt race to many HJ premiers around racetracks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    You wouldnt understand unless you own one
    As far as i know Byron they didnt race to many HJ premiers around racetracks

Sandman Guru
    The reason I don't own one is I used to, and eventually realized that Monaros are better! I only got rid of the old hatchback a handful of years ago.

Monaros are better says who

- - - Updated - - -

Toranas one one the best cars holden ever made

Sandman Guru
    Most people!

Is it OK if I like both ?
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

I personally hate the fact that much of the price push for Monaros, GTs, sandmans whatever seemed to be partly fuelled by people who have no interest beyond cashing in on the boom. The demand to jump on the bandwagon (and make some bucks) outstrips the supply. I think the 2007 price spike is an example of this. The shame is now that the cars are an "investment and valuable" you rarely see them on the road.

The shame of it that quite a few true enthusiasts will never be able to realise their dream (or expand their collections haha) due to the high prices. I'm never selling mine, so the fact that's its worth more doesn't matter, unless I wanted to buy another.

I have to agree with HK (in a sense), that if I had a budget to spend of $50,000 or thereabouts I'd be considering some nice yankie muscle. Better bang for your bucks. That said, nothing yank stirs me as much as a nice Sandman or Monaro. The Aussie dilemma.

Sandman Guru
    Even at $20k it is worth looking. I saw a nice 454 '69 EL Camino the other day for $19's regoed in NSW

The trouble with the desirability of the top shelf Aussie cars is people think their lesser cars are worth a lot more than they really are meaning they too become unaffordable to many unless you are in the right place at the right time. I mean cars like 253 GTS sedans, small engined SL/R's etc. I've seen rusty HQ SS sedans with asking prices over $10k and there were 1000's made.
    Last edited by HK1837; 17-10-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Bad spelling!

Thread Information