Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandman Values ?

Sandman Guru
    I'm considering selling my HJ Premier soon, and in its case I'll set a fairly high price. If someone wants it they'll pay it, otherwise I will keep it. I may get people saying it is too dear, but I don't really care and anyone looking at the car would see it for what it is. I have a few reasons for selling, one is owning a Survivor is a lot of hard work compared to a restored or modified car. The other is if I get what I want for it I'll invest in something I can use daily and not worry about putting kM on it or wearing out irreplaceable bits (which includes original paint and trim). There are a few things I've been watching lately, or even if a HJ Sandman ute turned up for the right $ i'd look at it.

This is a timely topic for me personally, as I just put my van on Gumtree. I am not a very active forum member, reading a whole lot more than posting (mainly as I have pretty limited Sandman knowledge, well behind you guys that can build them from scratch) And I have been checking this site with a bit more interest recently to see if anyone had picked up on my van on gumtree, and publicly wondering if I am asking too much for the van.

I also wondered how this might influence any future sale, or even influence my asking price at all. It would knock my confidence if you guys told me I was asking too much, and I realise that just because you put money into a car does not mean you'll get it back at the end of the day. But I guess it comes back to the theme i'm seeing in a lot of posts, that it's worth what someone is willing to spend, and finding the right buyer.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by willturfdog View Post
    This is a timely topic for me personally, as I just put my van on Gumtree.

I also wondered how this might influence any future sale, or even influence my asking price at all.

It would knock my confidence if you guys told me I was asking to much
    Dude nice van. Looks honest and I think it is more than a reasonable price you are asking. Shame you have to sell it, Frosty

Sandman Guru
    As others have said above, anyone here can love or hate, talk up or talk down. But the market will dictate what it is worth! My 2c worth is you probably don't have an unreasonable asking price but may have to accept a little less to move it on. Being in Tasmania might help your cause or it may also limit it. It is a good test case.

I have considered selling Madeira red van and have had a few interested I have not pushed it, but have a price I want and not budging from that if anyone us interested inbox us. It has been fully restored and there is enough info on this site of the step by step process to make my price valid. We have no room left in our sheds and about to give birth to another, but happy to hold on until the right person comes along who is a genuine buyer
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Yeah good feedback guys, it is a shame to sell it, but as i'm moving to a house without a little house for the Van, I'm not gunna leave it on the street. Yeah HK I know being in Tas does limit my audience, we'll see how we go. Cheers.

Banned
    Don't sell the Madiera red one! I will shed it here for a carton a year!

You should come over to our show n shine sat and catch up with everyone James you would have a good day you haven't even seen our ute or red van yet
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Banned
    Yeah would love too. Start back at work on Saturday though. Would love to take my ute for a run.

Learner Driver
    Great talk about prices but what I hate is ads that are not what they really are.We all have read them.To me it's wrong and the ad should be removed.

Thread Information