Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shady lady

There were multiple Vans named Shady Lady as for how many of them were genuine Sandmans?

The one i have in a book is a south australia van ....the books in b/w but says vans yellow with shady lady and a pic af a lady where the windows go..... the old 202 4 speed, the bumpers have been cut with statesman twin head lights, extra long grill....pretty sure this was a sandman.

Learner Driver
    this is very genuine.built by glen ford in Ipswich years ago.308 when built not a 202 . bought it my self 16 years ago as a wreak .bringing it back to life now kids have grown & can do it right

Right .... been going through the books , found another 2 shady ladys , one apears to be a fairly standed hx van that has mags and murals on it with a kingswood badge on tail gate , does not have a very big info on the van.......Then there is this one of glen fords its red with flares gt ducts before back wheels, huge wheels bit more info on this one . Says he bought it for $6200, invested $18000.... Its up for sale $9500...this was back in 1983.

Learner Driver
    yes mate it was glens ,I will try post the pictures I have of the state it was in when I bought it for $1800 ,16 years ago

Shady Lady I remember was a yellow HJ windowless van with Shady Lady air brushed on the side panels... It appeared to be a HJ Sandman as had GTS guards, dash etc. I have a picture of it saved on my computer at home but am currently on holiday and in Charters Towers atm...
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

picks would be good to see of it ....piece of history saved.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Shady Lady I remember was a yellow HJ windowless van with Shady Lady air brushed on the side panels... It appeared to be a HJ Sandman as had GTS guards, dash etc. I have a picture of it saved on my computer at home but am currently on holiday and in Charters Towers atm...
    That is the car I recall Sean. It was a 6cyl 4spd.

Learner Driver
    My husband Glenn Ford bought this as an original van when he was doing his apprenticeship. Not sure what happened to it after he sold it.....pity it got wrecked. Good luck with the restoration.

Thread Information