Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why we join this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I like to be part of this community because it involves people with the same social problems as I have and I get timely answers and advise for my van when I need them. I've also meet some very nice people who are part of this community. (thanks for the kind words Mick) Met some colourful and shady people to. (no names mentioned Gene and Chris) I do like the unrelated stories and pictures. My Kids tell me this is my face book, seems more like real people to me. Thanks all
    So which one am i Craig
    Shady or Colourful or both

Quote Originally Posted by Flamenco_not_Flamingo View Post
    I really enjoyed that part,"never ending Holden loop".

Nice.
    Thanks Flamenco

I got a bit of Holden flashback yesterday arvo and was in the Holden mood. I drove a mate to 'The 308 Shop' in Dandenong to pick his car up after a tune. It was my first time there and i marvelled at the concentrations of 308 engine's and Holdens up on the various hoists. As we left, i watched three blokes standing out on the street, around the bonnet of a V8 Torana with an air cleaner poking through. They were sipping on bourbon cans, dirty from the days work in a grungy workshop and were discussing the merits of what bonnet scoop would best fit over the air cleaner. As i walked past in my corporate clothes and climbed into my brand new corporate car and lit up the state of the art electronics to reconnect with all the corporate world, i had a realisation...they were bogan and happy. I used to be that bloke, with my Adidas Romes, flannel shirt, mullet and tinkering with cars! It reminded me of my poor Belmont days living in a run down asbestos house, where your car was everything and made your dreams seem within reach.

Long live the 308, Kingswoods, Monaros, Utes, Sandmans, Toranas and 14 x 7 rims with T/A radials!

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    So which one am i Craig
    Shady or Colourful or both
    Your bigger than me I'd better say colourful (He really is shady)

Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    Thanks Flamenco

I got a bit of Holden flashback yesterday arvo and was in the Holden mood. I drove a mate to 'The 308 Shop' in Dandenong to pick his car up after a tune. It was my first time there and i marvelled at the concentrations of 308 engine's and Holdens up on the various hoists. As we left, i watched three blokes standing out on the street, around the bonnet of a V8 Torana with an air cleaner poking through. They were sipping on bourbon cans, dirty from the days work in a grungy workshop and were discussing the merits of what bonnet scoop would best fit over the air cleaner. As i walked past in my corporate clothes and climbed into my brand new corporate car and lit up the state of the art electronics to reconnect with all the corporate world, i had a realisation...they were bogan and happy. I used to be that bloke, with my Adidas Romes, flannel shirt, mullet and tinkering with cars! It reminded me of my poor Belmont days living in a run down asbestos house, where your car was everything and made your dreams seem within reach.

Long live the 308, Kingswoods, Monaros, Utes, Sandmans, Toranas and 14 x 7 rims with T/A radials!

Now you've given me a flashback........Adidas Romes, Flannel shirt, mullet. Those were the days with my brother in his Torana GTR. You forgot the lumber jacket and Levi flares. LOL
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Your bigger than me I'd better say colourful (He really is shady)
    I will take that as a complement

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Flamenco

Bang on the money there Damien still got my torana and sandman and still livin in Belmont
    only difference now i have a brick house life is good

Sandman Guru
    We have a Belmont here too Gene in Lake Macquarie.

Yeah i know Byron

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    We have a Belmont here too Gene in Lake Macquarie.
    Are all Belmont suburbs, synonymous with Bogans and a specific socio economic climate? (Yes I'm trying to use big words to mask my inner Bogan)

In Belmont only the fit survive Damien as you well know

Sandman Driver
    Are all Belmont suburbs, synonymous with Bogans and a specific socio economic climate? (Yes I'm trying to use big words to mask my inner Bogan)
    LMAO because like it or not we all have some inner bogan happening

Thread Information