Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why we join this community.

Sandman Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I think you get points for a Monaro, then extra for a ute or van. I don't think it matters which one you have!
    Imagine how good it is if you have Both Ute & Van!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Or as cool as a Monaro owner hey Ian?
    Hahaha good call.

I do like the fact that for the most part on here we can joke about this sort of thing. And may as well add that I've been helped out by a couple of members here that I otherwise wouldn't have met. You know who you are

I haven't owned a ute, but would if the chance came up. Trying to convince the mrs we need one for her dirt bike instead of towing a trailer around, not holding my breath though lol

Leadfoot
    Wagons are COOL to ?
    Decided not to sell mine so im still Mr UTEVANWGN

Quote Originally Posted by micks_sandman View Post
    Imagine how good it is if you have Both Ute & Van!!!
    We do hehe would like a Hk monaro too
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Im going to have to say , this is a great site to read bout the thing we all have a passion bout . Just love the detective work that goes into find out stuff bout the cars ....o no that number doesnt match, o no thats not right cause they didnt come out like that ......sandmans have to have an m after hj ?..... GREAT STUFF.

Well, I like this site too. Its kind of like playing my teenage years (80's) over again on a never ending Holden loop.

It's a rockin'
    great post Raeme,I have met some of the members on here and have had a lot of help,any question asked is always answered,I love the banter and the wealth of knowledge from guys like Byron,Inuendo and oz ( in the early days).I regularly catch up with goat and mook (when he is allowed)out at swap meets and Jaft too.Earlier this year we did a road trip to WA and met up with Frosty and Valencia,stayed at Busselton and had dinner with frosty and went back to his place and got handed the keys to his Sandman van and took it for a drive( how many guys would hand over the keys to their Sandman and let someone you have only just met take it for a drive ?) Frosty,that memory will stay with me forever thank you, and on top of that he shouted us lunch the following day as well,just wish we could have stayed longer. next we went on to Perth where we were invited to a BBQ with Gene(Valencia) and his lovely wife,the only contact I have had with Gene was through the keyboard and yet he welcomed us into his house and insisted we didn't bring anything,again thank you (but next time I would like to see your van,even if I don't get to drive it) We also went to port Lincoln in SA and met sinbin for a couple of beers and caught up with him at the nationals in Mildura,as well as meeting The Famous Sandman builders from Parkes NSW and A few other members. Mysandman.com.au has been a good site for me and I hope it is for many years to come.Last but not least I have Met the man who started it all...Blocker,we don't hear from you as much as we used to but we know you are there and we appreciate all your hard work cheers

Your welcome anytime Mick and Christine it was good meeting you as well hopefully we will catch up again one day next time your here i hope my van is finished ( if i ever start it that is ) then you can certainly take it for

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    Well, I like this site too. Its kind of like playing my teenage years (80's) over again on a never ending Holden loop.
    I really enjoyed that part,"never ending Holden loop".

Nice.

Cruiser
    I like to be part of this community because it involves people with the same social problems as I have and I get timely answers and advise for my van when I need them. I've also meet some very nice people who are part of this community. (thanks for the kind words Mick) Met some colourful and shady people to. (no names mentioned Gene and Chris) I do like the unrelated stories and pictures. My Kids tell me this is my face book, seems more like real people to me. Thanks all

Thread Information