Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HQ sedan feed back please

Quote Originally Posted by Cocko750 View Post
    Yep had some straight hz guards for him to do but the Taiwanese ones look ok haven't spoke to him for a while but he still hadn't got hq ones right
    Hi. I was in Coona today and dropped in and had a look at his set up. He has guards there with the flutes pressed in to look at. The HJ ones look real good. He also has the HQ ones as well. The main problem with the HQ was the flutes need to be forward by about 9 mm from where they usually are due to the lip at the rear of the guard being in the way. But you would be hard pressed to pick it. also on a side note. He has a HT two door monaro there rolling shell for sale. Has some rust. Nothing that can't be fixed. Red with Black stripes looks like a good project for someone.

Cruiser
    Yeah he also had some new old stock hz guards a year or two back he does a good job I should have got him to do my hq ones instead or cutting them out of wrecked a Gts guards but too late now, I can still try the ones with hz flutes for a different look .

What do you think of the ones I posted the photo of? I think they look good something a bit different. I'm sending the ones off the car up to him with a set of HZ ones and getting them pressed. Hq and HJ.

Cruiser
    They look good that's what mine are hq guard with hz flutes pressed in, my tonner has hq front but had hq Gts flutes welded in might get both sets painted and swap them later , what's he charging now was a bit dear but they do look really good and genuine are too hard and dear to get plus his look like originals, so win win.

Yeah well I had to think on the pricing as well. He has had to lift it to $275 each guard now. That is getting up there. He also showed me a modification he does to the front of the guard where the nose cone mounts. A very nice spot welded in gusset to stop the cracking that always happens with the HJ HZ guard. Looks fantastic better then factory finish. I think it is a bit extra tho.

Cruiser
    A mate has been doing that for years but not a factory look but it works was $250 last time I was there

Thread Information