Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm on my way to the Bathurst Van Nationals

What a great story! I love it when people realise their dreams.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I wish we took some photos of you walking up to grab your not first not second but 3rd trophy. Overwhelmed was defiantly the look! We where all way too busy screaming and yelling to take photos anyhow! haha!

I was sitting opposite Dean and you're right the look was priceless. Overwhelmed even. Good on him.

Yup had such a fun time at the Nats. I love seeing people win trophies with sandmans. Yes the look on his face was priceless as I was sitting next to him. We clapped and cheered so loudly didn't we Jase and Oz lol
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

OH WHAT A NIGHT I didnt win any trophies but was happy to enjoy others get praise for their efforts.
    I also was happy to be able to purchase a bottle of mount panorama Port from the winery signed buy Harry Fifth for a bargain $200 lucky I had oz keeping me under control
    And joe I told you that you would get a trophie but you got three
    Last edited by RodneyHZ253; 12-04-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

hahaha! Roddo. Mate im still shaking my head!

Strachan gave you plenty Rodney. Was nice of you to donate the second bottle of wine back to be re-auctioned for charity. Really I didn't think you or Greg would remember all that much.

hahaha! Don't worry I reminded them of every little detail the next morning!

Learner Driver
    We had worked hard and long to get our van ready for the Van Nationals in Bathurst. It came down to doing last minute jobs on the van 2 days before we were due to leave. We hit the road with great relief, all was finished.
    To cut a long story short OH MY GOD, what a fantastic weekend. We have met so many new friends. We had a great mob in our camp, Rodney, Jenny and crew, many laughs and stories were had.
    Saturday night's AC/DC and dress up was a fun night.
    Presentation and Auction on Sunday night, the front row was what really kept the night alive.
    Thankyou to everyone for all your kind words and support on the night, my 3 awards were overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by siegs57 View Post
    We had worked hard and long to get our van ready for the Van Nationals in Bathurst. It came down to doing last minute jobs on the van 2 days before we were due to leave. We hit the road with great relief, all was finished.
    To cut a long story short OH MY GOD, what a fantastic weekend. We have met so many new friends. We had a great mob in our camp, Rodney, Jenny and crew, many laughs and stories were had.
    Saturday night's AC/DC and dress up was a fun night.
    Presentation and Auction on Sunday night, the front row was what really kept the night alive.
    Thankyou to everyone for all your kind words and support on the night, my 3 awards were overwhelming.
    Heard that story many times! Told it a few times too..... Wagga 1988, Summernats 1988/89/90, (and every other car show I've entered it seems!)

But it seems that your hard work paid off and that's great.

I've said it before, but this is a great forum with a bunch of supportive people. Love it!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information