Thread: Very clean HX Kingswood V8 ute

Sandman Guru

Very clean HX Kingswood V8 ute

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hills...ood/1054176231

I just looked at this today for a friend. Would have bought it on the spot but they've welded up the tonneau clip holes so to him it is now a parts car only (same with me).
    Damn clean body though, never been painted by the looks of it. Was probably rust free until pulled apart, floors are mint, sills and quarters look good. Doors were rust free until left on the ground. Bonnet, nosecone and radiator support look really good. Only hassle is they've mig welded up the holes (badges, clips, strips etc) and warped the quarters and (rust free) tailgate. It is mint around front and rear windows too, just one tiny bubble right at the far end of the passenger side cowl which is probably not even rusted through. Dash is 100% original, including radio, mint looking dash pad (67V interior), seats looked good but are probably not perfect.

It is an original bucket seat console shift V8 trimatic with 3.08:1 rear axle. Acacia Ridge build, Chamois with tan trim.

The front rails look really good and clean, as does all the underbonnet stuff.

Has the original 4.2L engine complete plus the V8 trimatic.

Would be a great car to donate rust sections (lower quarters, floors, cowl/plenum etc) to repair a Sandman ute plus just about every other part of the car (bolts, hinges, stainless etc) are in good shape. Even the console shift steering column is untouched. The whole dash could go straight into a 67V Sandman, just change the fascia and instruments.

I reckon you'd buy it for $1100-$1200.

hi ive got a hj 76 sandman needs full interior 64v fawn gazelle ,would this dash and interior suit,cheers andrew

Sandman Guru
    Totally different colour, plus the doortrims on this have holes for speakers. You could paint all the dash, and the seats will be good enough to put new 64V covers on if you can get them.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Totally different colour, plus the doortrims on this have holes for speakers. You could paint all the dash, and the seats will be good enough to put new 64V covers on if you can get them.
    Thanks for info .im in adelaide and havent seen a hj 64v trim in the flesh so im still trying to work out trim colours from the net.

Sandman Guru
    Ask Dave (Taily) to send you a photo.

Will get to it tonight when I'm home
    Nunc est bibendum...

Some good ones here - Mr Jones Old Holden.com

At this moment I do not have a decent finished pic of my interior. I will endeavour to get one here in the next few days but bear in mind I have changed a few things around to suit what I preferred (stereo, speakers in the doors, fitted the combination switch stalk and I needed to do something about the fading dash etc).

In the interim (these are not my photos/interior).

64V (kingswood style) doortrim:

image.jpg

64V interior (bench seat):

image.jpg
    Last edited by Taily; 03-09-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Nunc est bibendum...

My HJ is 64v trim and here is a pic of what the seats and headlining look like colour wise.... Good luck finding any reproduction though, none available.
    I was told by a trimmer at the All Holden Day that Gazelle vinyl is going to be reproduced in 2015 so here's hoping... Doesn't help much if your headlining is ripped as it isn't being reproduced in the near future.

image.jpg

Tailly, where did that repro door trim come from? I tried all the known upholsterers and only one had a small amount of Nos Gazelle vinyl... Maybe enough to do two seats and two door trims only
    Last edited by Absinth; 03-09-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    My HJ is 64v trim and here is a pic of what the seats and headlining look like colour wise.... Good luck finding any reproduction though, none available.
    I was told by a trimmer at the All Holden Day that Gazelle vinyl is going to be reproduced in 2015 so here's hoping... Doesn't help much if your headlining is ripped as it isn't being reproduced in the near future.

image.jpg
    Thanks for all the pictures and info .mines a ute factory colour nutria should look good with the fawn gazelle interiorn

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post

image.jpg

Tailly, where did that repro door trim come from? I tried all the known upholsterers and only one had a small amount of Nos Gazelle vinyl... Maybe enough to do two seats and two door trims only
    Then grab him quick! The pic came from here: http://www.winnerproducts.com.au/ But I believe they no longer have stock.

There is a bloke a couple of streets away from where I used to live in Medowie (east of Raymond Terrace) who is a very small trimmer and doesn't bother advertise (serious PITA trying to find his contact details as I've lost his card in the move). I can tell you exactly where he is - he works out of his own house and relies upon passing trade/locals. I'll try and get his number from a couple of mates who live nearby (have just sent them a message asking for help). He still had a roll of 64V a couple of years ago, but of course I moved away before I could get him to do any work on my ute, though he did do some work on my boat covers a few years back.

I hear you about your hoodlining. I had to put a slightly darker one in mine as that was all that was available. It is the right herringbone design, just a slightly darker colour (67V?). It isn't a huge issue to me as I'm changing a few things around slightly in my interior anyway and isn't going to be a perfect, standard interior. I'll flick some pics up soon.

Hopefully I can get those details for you ASAP.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Thread Information