Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB in Central west NSW.

WTB in Central west NSW.

Hello all. Based on some good advice from innuendo, I'm chasing a pair of wreaked guards HJ to HZ with the bottom splash plate. Reason I say wreaked is because I intend on cutting the lower ends off both. Converting the WB style bolt up fitting the lower splash plate then fitting a chin spoiler to the Caprice front.
    I'm not concerned on rust in the rear part, dents etc because all I need is the lower front areas. I will travel reasonable distance, would prefer central west nsw so it's close to me. Thanks.

Sandman Guru
    Not sure what you are trying to do exactly? Convert WB guards to HJ-HZ ones? Why not just use good HJ-HZ guards and weld the extra hole in the front corner for the nose panel?

Hi HK
    Thanks for the reply.
    Can you fit HJ/HZ guards to WB fronts? What hole exactly are you talking about welding up? I want to fit a HZ chin spoiler to my Caprice front, I'm sure innuendo said about cutting the bottom off HZ guards and fitting them to the lower section of the two piece WB guards. Look forward to your reply. Thanks

As I understand it, he would like to fit a HJ-HZ front spoiler to the WB Statesman nose.
    This requires a lower cut from a HJ-HZ nose panel. Because the WB guards are cut short you either need these sections from a HJ-HZ guard and have an edge fold put into them so they bolt up to the WB guards.
    Or as Byron points out you could use HJ-HZ guards and add the extra mounting hole. But if the WB guards are good and you like the seam where the stone tray attaches I can see the method mentioned being suitable.

Banned
    I have a pair RAEME.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    As I understand it, he would like to fit a HJ-HZ front spoiler to the WB Statesman nose.
    This requires a lower cut from a HJ-HZ nose panel. Because the WB guards are cut short you either need these sections from a HJ-HZ guard and have an edge fold put into them so they bolt up to the WB guards.
    Or as Byron points out you could use HJ-HZ guards and add the extra mounting hole. But if the WB guards are good and you like the seam where the stone tray attaches I can see the method mentioned being suitable.
    Yeah exactly what innuendo said, that's what I'm trying to do. Looks like WB can help me out. Thanks guys done well.
    Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I have a pair RAEME.
    Thanks WB sounds like a plan, nice and close too. What times work for you to come out? Cheers

Banned
    You can come out in the morning if that works.

I will be sitting on a Bulldozer for the most of tomorrow sorry. Does Sunday arvo work ok for you at all?

Banned
    Sent you a pm.

Sandman Guru
    Put WB and HJ-Z guard side by side and you'll se the bit I mean. It is for the WB nose piece. It is hidden so just a welded in piece works.

Thread Information