Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB in Central west NSW.

Will the spoiler cover the join? Might look a bit silly if there's a join line a couple of centimetres above the top of the spoiler as it wraps around the guards.

theres a bloke in WA who did it. his red van is on gumtree at the moment. custom glass spoiler at a meager cost of $1800 and it looks odd
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    theres a bloke in WA who did it. his red van is on gumtree at the moment. custom glass spoiler at a meager cost of $1800 and it looks odd
    Picture or URL Link?

Hi all. I looked on Gumtree can't find the van? All I could find was an odd looking white ute. Looks like a lower commodore bumper graft. I caught up with wbute yesterday and secured a good front, thanks for that WB. so thanks to all, looks like I'm under control. I'll post some snaps during and after, see how it turns out. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Will the spoiler cover the join? Might look a bit silly if there's a join line a couple of centimetres above the top of the spoiler as it wraps around the guards.
    Hadn't thought on that. Maybe look at filling the line with some fiberglass fill or like. If you think of anything feel free to let me know.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Picture or URL Link?
    hes taken it down. I have pics on my phone though
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    Hi all. I looked on Gumtree can't find the van? All I could find was an odd looking white ute. Looks like a lower commodore bumper graft. I caught up with wbute yesterday and secured a good front, thanks for that WB. so thanks to all, looks like I'm under control. I'll post some snaps during and after, see how it turns out. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Hadn't thought on that. Maybe look at filling the line with some fiberglass fill or like. If you think of anything feel free to let me know.
    Cheers
    If you use HJ-HZ guards there will be no join and they'll mate up to the HJ-HZ lower apron half, if I understand properly what you are doing.

wb getto van.JPG

The owner of this van is a hell of a nice guy. I hope he's Ok with this pic being posted. Great van that has had a lot of time and money invested in it since I sold it to him 5 years ago as an HX windowed Papaya 6cyl Kinga. Was a very sound starting point for a big $ resto. Runs an LS1 and manual with 9inch. An awesome van. 100% custom and modified to suit his tastes alone
    Last edited by Vombil; 25-08-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    Hmm, I think it looks pretty good considering! A standard spoiler would look better in my opinion but I can see what he was trying to do. Got to remember I'm a an old time Vanner into customs.
    Great you have picture posting up and running and thanks for sharing the shot.

That pic was perfect thanks, same colour, same front as mine. I think it looks pretty good actually. That's what I'm looking to do. Wondering if maybe the lack of caprice bumper might be why you think it looks odd? Thanks for posting it. Cheers

Sandman Guru
    I actually like it. If it was mine I wouldn't have the scoop or the stripes but the rest looks fine, even the ride height is cool as the tyres don't disappear into the guards. It would probably look better without the WB guard join, and as I said you could choose to not have this if you used HJ-HZ guards. But it is a convenient way to also lose the visible steel to spoiler joint, just shifts it up higher. I like the use of the Kingswood bar on a Caprice front, my mate's WB tonner is sone like this and it suits it. His stone trays are chrome too.

Thread Information